The Journal of the American Medical Association have released a free Rosacea Patient Page in their June 2012 edition. The JAMA have made this page available for free.
This may prove useful for those who are wondering if they have rosacea and those looking for a confirmation of their symptoms.
The illustration shows the full gamut of rosacea symptoms: dry, red, irritated eyes, telangiectasia and acne-like breakouts in flushed areas.
Those having these symptoms are urged to see a dermatologist or ophthalmologist.
Treatment suggestions are brief, leaving that up to the doctors.
It was encouraging to see a recommendation to seek mental health care if sufferers are feeling anxiety or depression relating to their rosacea.
JAMA Patient Page, June 6, 2012
Rosacea, Janet M. Torpy, MD, Writer; Laura A. Schwartz, MS, Illustrator Intern; Robert M. Golub, MD, Editor
(Click for the web page)
- Just Diagnosed Forum
- Standard Classification of Rosacea
- Rosacea Grading System for Rosacea
- Tips for Getting Started
- Why, Oh Why Did I Get Rosacea?
- The one thing I wish I was told about Treating Rosacea
- The BEST Treatment for Rosacea
- Treating Ocular Rosacea
- The Official Rosacea Treatments
- Treating Each Rosacea Symptom