How to cure a Red Swollen Nose

rosacea-papules

The red swollen nose of rosacea is a much hated symptom. I know that this was the symptom that I despised most and indeed drove me 10 years ago to start to look for good information about how to treat rosacea. Incidentally, this drive lead to the creation of the internet based Rosacea Support Group in 1998.

I hated that I looked like I had adult acne and a constant sun-burned nose. Especially as I have somewhat fair skin, a red nose stood out a mile away.

There has been quite a lot of interest in a article I wrote titled “how to cure a red face (facial erythema or redness)“. That article gave some tips on how to deal with general facial redness. What about a red and swollen nose ? What can you do to treat a red rosacea nose ? Read on for some suggestions.

A rosacea nose has the extra complication that one might end up suffering from rhinophyma. Although rare, rhinophyma is also a much hated symptom of rosacea. While we don’t know for sure how any particular rosacea sufferer’s symptoms will progress, reducing your inflammation and flushing is a good start to winning the battle.

Here are my top tips for dealing with the red nose of rosacea.

Rosacea-LTD III

twodisks Rosacea-LTD was one of my first discoveries after starting to look for treatments on the internet in 1998. The treatment consist of compressed disks of zinc oxide, salt and sulfur.

The Rosacea-ltd web site details the full list of ingredients as: zinc oxide, sodium chloride, iron oxide, copper oxide, cornstarch, polyethylene glycol, and sulfur.

To use this treatment, you wet your face and glide them over the skin, leaving a thin film. For me these `disks’ did a great job of reducing the papules and pustules on my nose. I could feel them shrinking all those acne looking lumps and bumps. As much of my redness was associated with my papules and pustules, this treatment was a good step in the right direction. I continued to use rosacea-ltd for several years.

The product is now called Rosacea-Ltd IV, having been enhanced since I last used them.

Disclaimer: Rosacea-Ltd has in the past been a site sponsor of rosacea-support.org

Oral Antibiotics

If the nasal swelling is associated with the papules and pustules normally seen in rosacea, then systemic antibiotics along with topical metrogel or finacea may also be of benefit. Once the papules and pustules are under control, the associated swelling may be reduced enough to see an overall benefit in appearance. One of the newer antibiotics on the market is a low dose form of doxycycline called Oracea, which may be useful in helping to maintain a long term benefit from antibiotic usage.

Accutane

Accutane or roaccutane has been used for many years to treat cystic acne. There is a good body of evidence to say that you can successfully treat rosacea with accutane. Additionally there are some published papers that deal specifically with treating rhinophyma with accutane.

Isotretinoin has also been demonstrated to decrease nasal volume in rhinophyma. The most significant regression has been noted in younger patients with less advanced disease.

Biopsy specimens from phymatous skin prior to isotretinoin therapy showed numerous large sebaceous glands. During isotretinoin therapy, the glands diminished in size and number. Other studies have confirmed the usefulness of isotretinoin for phymatous change.

[See treating rhinophyma with accutane]

Accutane is not a drug to be taken lightly. If you would like to try this as an option, the above references might help you find a doctor that can support you using this as a treatment option. You may also want to discuss the option of low-dose accutane with your doctor.

Covering Up

As you start to reduce the inflammation, you will probably also benefit from covering over some of the redness. Some options include the easily available Clinique Redness Solutions, or Eucerin Redness Relief which may be able to offer some relief from the redness. Additionally the green tinted version of the Tone Perfecting Cream may cover some redness.

Perhaps you can find some foundation or tinted moisturizer that you can also include in your daily regime. It might not be easily obtainable worldwide, but The Cancer Council in Australia has a range of tinted moisturiser SPF 25 that looks interesting. Don’t discount a liquid foundation as a possibility, even if you are a guy.

IPL and Lasers

We now know that IPL is excellent for treating a red face and broken blood vessels. Will any of the benefits of IPL also help a red swollen nose ? In general IPL and pulsed dye lasers are useful in reducing the redness flushing, burning,  itching, dryness and swelling of rosacea.

The AAD suggests that for thickening of the skin on the nose and cheeks as seen in rhinophyma, the CO2 laser and erbium:YAG laser can be used.

Surgical Options

When the growth of the nose tissue becomes impossible to manage with topicals or isotretinion, surgical intervention can be an option. Surgery can naturally have its own risks. With the removal of extra tissue also comes the risk of scarring.

CO2 Laser

A 2004  paper; The Gold Standard for Decortication of Rhinophyma: Combined Erbium-YAG/CO2 Laser, details how the authors suggest that the combined YAG/CO2 laser is superior to other lasers, scalpel, radiotherapy and skin grafts in dealing with rhinophyma.

Also some related comments from the AAD page Is laser treatment right for your rosacea? ;

Some patients with longstanding rosacea develop thickening skin on the nose and cheeks, which is called rhinophyma. The CO2 laser and erbium:YAG laser can be used to remove this thickening skin and improve the contour of the nose. Other surgical procedures used to treat this condition include dermabrasion and excision with a scalpel. Treatment options may be combined to obtain best results.

Dermatologists recommend early treatment of rhinophyma to help prevent the condition from progressing and becoming more difficult to treat. In the advanced stages, rhinophyma can cause difficulty breathing through the nose. It also is possible for the nostrils to collapse.

Other Surgical Methods

A 2003 paper; New surgical adjuncts in the treatment of rhinophyma: the microdebrider and FloSeal details a novel technique using a standard microdebrider followed by a haemostatic sealant to eliminate bleeding.

Now Over to You

What have you found to be useful in your battles with a red nose ? Please help your fellow rosacea sufferers by leaving a comment below.

About the Author:

David Pascoe started the Rosacea Support Group in October 1998.

1. Joe says:

My compassion goes out to Terri. I understand the frustration. I have been running a strict experiment on myself and want to report that my nose has quieted down , with no breakouts or redness for one month. What I found is that I cannot eat ‘fast carbs’ (sugar. flour, rice, fruit), limit intake of artificial sweeteners and use a product 4 times daily named ‘ASAP’. ASAP is a natural healing gel compound that contains silver (a natural antibiotic). In fact, I found that I can actually have ‘fast carbs’ one day a week without causing trouble. So I am back to drinking a couple glasses of wine a day, without repercussions. I hope that everyone can find a mix of products and eating regimen that will keep your rosacea under control.

• cyndi says:

I agree with the no fast carbs approach. Although I never had luck with the colloidal silver,
      I am able to have occasional red wine on new diet. I did have a flare up from drinking one diet-root beer containing
      aspartame. I started dabbling the over the counter nasal spray called Nasacort on it and it
      settled down. I never had
      any luck with any prescription nasal sprays but since this one is sold over the counter at
      Target and Walmart, I thought I would try it. Sulfadene dog shampoo has been discussed
      on this site and did nothing but burn my nose with the tiniest dab. That was a total waste of
      fourteen dollars.

• Sean C says:

Hi there, I found Rosex gel, prescribed by doctor very good. It had an immediate beneficial effect, and although the redness has not gone completely it has very much improved. I find if you are out in the sun or even outside in day light the condition can flair up slightly but overall I would strongly recommend Rosex gel , 0.75%. Apply twice a day.

2. Terri says:

Thanks Joe, for your compassion and the link you sent! Bravo for staying clear!!

3. David says:

I have gotten great results with a new product I found. 2 products, I have used are Clearasil Acne Cleansing pads with 2% Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleansing pads. The other is available at Walmart under the Equate label under 3 bux for 90 Cleansing Pads! (Black Jar with Red and White Label with Silver highlights)
    I use them on my nose for the affected area I suffer. Need to apply 1 in AM and 1 at PM, more if you can. Put them in Zip lock bags or tight sealing jar in pocket or purse for portability and ease of use.
    I believe it changes the pH of the skin to solve this problem. I am not a doctor only know what is working.
    DH

4. AD says:

I’ve been posting on here for a few years now. I’ve cut out chillis, used Rosex and Metrosa, tried some of the less conventional treatments mentioned on here (hemaerroid cream, Vick Menthol, etc) but still getting the painful and unsightly spots and pustules on my nose.
    Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I decided to detox.
    In the morning before anything else I drank a cup of hot water with half a lemon squeezed in it. A bit later I drank an infusion of ground linseed soaked in water in the fridge overnight (nicer than it looks, btw), and I drank at least twice as much water during the day as I usually do. I’ve done this every day so far.
    Without going into unnecessary detail, in a couple of days the linseed had worked it’s magic. It cleans the colon, taking with it any impurities, so I guess with that and all the water I’ve ended up with a much cleaner immune system – blood, liver, colon, etc – and my nose, for the first time in 5 years, is almost completely free of pustules, and painless!
    The way I see it, since the usual parts of my body weren’t shifting the toxins, my poor shnozz became the clearing house for them. Does that sound likely? Answers on a postcard…
    I would really appreciate it if another sufferer tried the same thing and let me know on here if there is any improvement.
    This really has been a game-changer for me and fingers crossed I’ve seen the back of this horrible condition.

• Margarita says:

Thanks for sharing. I would liike to try your approach. Could you tell me more?ratio of linseed to water, how much to take per day and for how long.
      I think my rosacea flairs are mostly caused by stress but also by other factors like heat, humidity and irregularity.. Vicks did work for me before but lately it won’t do much. I do think that being regular keeps the rosacea in check, and therefore I try to have Activia yogurt most days. Based on this, I think your approach makes sense and might work for me. Once I get the specifics from you, I will try it and let you know how it works for me.
      Enjoy your clear complexión, I know how terrible rosácea can mame you feel!

• AD says:

Ground linseed, also known as flaxseed, is in the supermarkets here in Venezuela for some reason (no toilet paper, but lots of linseed!), and it says on the tub 1 to 3 heaped teaspoons to a glass of water. I’ve been taking 3 tsp for maximum “effect”. I soak it overnight to make an infusion (got that from the net). You can get whole seed but of course that can pass through the body undigested if you don’t crush them.
        There are three possible unwanted side-effects: 1) linseed contains a huge amount of fibre so drink A LOT of water after taking them to help all that fibre through your system (and to cleanse the organs). 2) linseed contains oestregen and I don’t want to end up with moobs! 3) 100g contain 550 calories.
        It’s good for other things eg it contains omega 3, antioxidants.
        I’m not saying this is the be all and end all, but before anything else it’s got to be good to start with a clean, detoxed system, surely?
        Good luck, M, and let me know how the next week or two go for you!

Comment via email.

“I cut down on dairy products and alcohol. I noticed a big difference in my skin. Also, I use “Green Magma” in my morning smoothie. I do put lemon juice in it as well. My pustules on my nose have mostly cleared. Does anyone know how to reduce the swelling?”

• David says:

I have been using Salicilate Acid Cleansing Pads available as a Clearasil product (white bottle w/royal blue label) in the acne/skin care product line. Equate in WalMart has a comparable product. (Black bottle w/red-sillver label) Treat your whole face w focus on the Nasal area but be sure to dose/cleans face completely to effect the pH of the entire area to keep in check the outbreak pustules and red nasal soreness and tenderness. 2x-3x to start then 1x- 2x to maintain control/pH.
      I have also added to the regimen L-Lysine daily 1000 mG orally to keep it in control systemically. Been having very good results to keep this in check. Keep some pads with you in a zip-loc bag for assured or repeat applications in the field as the body will remind you with a glaring report if you dare to forget. lol
      Very affordable, effective and no more questions if I am going to lead Santa’s Sled this year… Also no diet changes, dairy, chocholate OK. Hope this gives some relief as I was not happy before but now having very good results. Thanks to all, for the support to get me to this point.

6. Reba says:

I liked FACE DOCTOR SOAP when I was having problems. I realized the other day that my symptoms have cleared up. (Yes, I should be very grateful) interestingly, my first severe breakout started after a colonoscopy which I think ruined my internal flora. I also liked Milk of magnesia back in the day. (on the nose, wait a few, then rinse or leave on overnight). I actually use lysine for other reasons and make a JOHANNA BUDWIG shake most days (flax oil mixed with cottage cheese)(it’s a decades old cancer remedy) maybe this is why my face is clear? And Alta brand Mg Cl internally.

7. David says:

Broccoli is a sure cancer preventer.
    The body wants to have a neutral pH to achieve this cancer free condition. Broccoli grows best with the liberal use of Lime Stone as all of Cruciferous family does. Lime stome is a controlling agent for pH. What better way to bring the body into Homestasis and a neutral pH but with a plant that goes so well in Limestone.
    This could also be a skin treatment also.

8. michele says:

I have mild case of rhynophyma for 6 months now, little help from doxy and metrogel. Am considering accutane or xifaxan? Anybody out there whos had suucess to reduce the swelling?

• Reba says:

I’ve been using sea salt, baking soda, and xylitol with a little bit of powdered msm to rinse my mouth with then brush and rinse again. (to make recipe add 1 tsp of mix to a small glass of water. I don’t see why this wouldn’t work for Roseacea…

• David says:

I have been using Clearasil “Ultra” Rapid Action Pads, withSaiicylic acid 2% Acne Medication. Same as Equate CLEANSING PADS with Salicylic Acid 2%.
      Must use 2-3 times a day. AM-PM to keep in check but in crisis more often.

• Nancy says:

I took low dose Accutane for a brief period, the results were miraculous, my old nose was back
      it’s the ONLY treatment that has had such a dramatic result. Unfortunately I had side effects and was advised to stop taking it.
      I’m now on the hunt for a dermatologist in my area (I moved recently) to agree to let me try it again, so far no luck.
      I also use professional skincare products that keep it under control. And post colonoscopy my nose was very nice. Hands down the Accutane had the best result and I’m so bummed I had to stop taking it.

• David says:

I have suffered for some time now (10 years or more). Used prescription Metro Gel at high cost (results were moderate at best). Got suggestion to try doggie shampoo and I have had amazing results if not total cure. Product is Sulfodene MEDICATED shampoo & Conditioner. Rosacea is not much more than undiagnosed Mange in humans, Demodex Mites are the cause of my dilemma and have responded in an over whelming positive outcome. 1st application I was seeing results instantly and I was thrilled to find such a low cost solution. Got it at a Pet Shop and is available other places and online as well.
        Search in Google or other places for this pet shampoo product.

• michele says:

Is your nose swollen? Do you have rhynophyma or just red and pustules? Im on accutae accutane for 2 months now

• michele says:

Now on accutane 2 months with no result

Comment via email.

“I subjected myself to Accutane for a period of 6 months in an attempt to get rid of a red swollen nose…with disappointing results. That was 30 years ago and I still have the same problem. It is depressing to think that after all these years that this product is still being recommended for this problem. It does seem to help for serious facial acne but not for red swollen noses. Accutane is a powerful product with some known potentially dangerous side affects. I have no experience with Xifaxan so have no comment on it.

I’m 60 now and still have almost monthly flare ups which I have to endure as nothing I or a dozen doctors have tried seems to work. Some of these doctors have advised me to quit drinking!!! (I never was a drinker) I have not tried laser therapy yet due to hearing mixed reviews and the high cost. Plastic surgeons are not interested in seeing me because the scarring is not bad enough yet…

I am now of the opinion that this problem is not as life threatening as cancer or any of the other big ones so research money just doesn’t get there. If a cure for this is ever found, it will probably be by accident so don’t give up trying different things!

Kevin”

Comment via email.

“I recently tried laser for the red veins on my nose. It has helped with the appearance and even the swelling has gone down. I plan to do a repeat next month. I am also saving for photo rejuvenation. I have seen the before/after pictures in my dermatologists office, worth a try I think. I love to have a glass of wine with dinner… but had to give it up. No alcohol and no caffeine, less redness and flare-ups. Hope this Helps!

Terri”

11. cyndi kelly says:

Kevin-I haven’t posted for a while but I had a red swollen nose off and on for about 7 years from stress that I was able to control with diet specifically getting rid of butter, milk, sour cream and soy. I found chocolate and most margarines have milk in them so I had to completely
    switch to a 100 percent olive oil spread or one made from canola oils (
    smart balance is okay). I spent alot on IPL and it only flared up back as rosacea hates light. My new infrared heater even made it get red from
    rooms away as infrared is also a form of light that penetrates the skin.
    I love to cook so need to be careful about hot steamy dishes and hot showers. In addition, try to limit pastas and breads and crackers with
    niacin added which is a capillary dialator. I eat alot of meat for protein rather than cheeses and breads which ended my vegetarian diet. It worked.
    I have been able to eat swiss cheese for some odd reason but not yogurt.
    I also found that licorice root helped with skin thickening as it does something to balance hormones and men have imbalances too! Its cheap and makes a great tea as well so why not try it? Skin thickening was a big
    problem as well on the sides of my nose.

• Joe says:

Hi, you mention licorice root, Do you use raw licorice root or tablets of licorice root. If Raw how much and how do you preprare it.

“Thanks Cyndi!

I’ll print this out and look it over again tomorrow. Some of these things I’m doing already but some are new to me and I think I’ll give them a shot. Beef & Pork are sadly no longer on my menu and my whole wheat
    bread replaced recently with gluten free which I don’t mind plus it seems to help me keep away from the fridge when I shouldn’t be there.
    Thanks for taking the time!

Kevin”

13. Derick says:

I am a White South African male, early 50’s, with a red nose (Rosacea as diagnosed and treated by many doctors and specialists, unsuccessfully, for the greatest part of my life), also experimented with anything you can think of until I accidentally (in desperation…) stumbled across something that works so well that I simply have to share it here. My friends and family also recommend I share this with you due to my remarkable recovery. My ‘solution’ may sound a little ‘strange’ in some places …so, consider yourself warned! Ü

A stray puppy with a skin condition called ‘Mange’ landed up at our home. The vet prescribed a “Deep Cleansing antibacterial shampoo (“potent antimicrobial and degreasing formulation and it treats superficial and deep pyoderma’s and seborrhoea’s of an oily nature”). I stored the shampoo container in the bathroom where I normally bath the puppy and one morning, ended up reading the label while brushing my teeth. “Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) with Sulphur (2%) in a low irritant shampoo base” are the only ingredients mentioned and it sells for under R100 ($10).

I looked in the mirror, spotted yet another red pustule in the making on the side of my nose …and without hesitation opened up the doggy shampoo and applied a thin coating over the pustule …and forgot about it. As I looked into the mirror after a shower that night, I had to look twice …not only was there NO sign of the pustule but the entire area I’ve touched with the shampoo that morning was my ‘normal’ skin colour …not something I saw very often in my life before …and that was it! The start of the healing process…

I now wash my face (concentrating on the nose) twice a day (sometimes more if I feel the need) with half a teaspoon of this shampoo (rinse, using cool water) and not only did the redness, swelling and pustules disappear but gradually, over the six month period I’ve been using it, also the skin texture and tightening of the pores have dramatically improved …and just in case you wonder, no …I haven’t developed a bark, have the urge to chase cars or find the neighbor’s Poodle-bitch attractive.Ü

With our severe sunny and warm weather conditions, I always avoid direct sunlight on my nose by wearing a peak or apply ‘baby’ sunblock when outside. Thank you for reading … I don’t sell the shampoo but maybe your pharmacist can assist with the ingredients if you want to give it a try…good luck!

• Alex says:

Can you please name the pet shampoo you’re using/mention above? Thanks.

• Derick says:

Hi Alex

BENZOYL PEROXIDE with Sulphur Medicated Pet Shampoo 250ml
        Reg No. G2069 Act /1947

Deep cleansing antibacterial shampoo for dogs

Contains: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%
        Precipitated Sulphur 2% in a low irritant Shampoo Base

Registration Holder:
        FEINER LABS t/a VET ORGANICS
        PO Box 8
        Table View (Cape Town)
        7439

Warmest

• David says:

More than the redness in control, it is no longer sore as hell as the soreness left as quickly as the redness! In hours of the 1st application! Nothing I have used to date has had the rapid effectiveness as this product I found through online research without the help of the medical field. Most surprising is that it is not more than a few dollars for a more than I can use in a lifetime and it works amazingly well as promised. It leaves me thinking the medical field has no idea how to treat this condition.
          So sorry to throw the medical field under the bus but that is where they belong. I have suffered so long and even the 80-$100 MetroGel has NOT had the absolute rapid relief I got from a $10 doggy shampoo!!!
          The only bad effect I need to report has been that now I have found myself with an uncontrolable urge to chase the mail carrier and howl at the full moon… bow wow!!!
          OK ok well yes humping my girl’s leg has increased now, but she likes that part and ordered me a case of this shite.

Product is:
          Sulfodene
          Medicated Shampoo and Conditioner for Dogs
          Active ingredients are: Coal Tar, Sulfur, Triclosan

• michele says:

Hi, i’ll give it atry if I can get it from a vet here but i have been using benzol peroxide and sulphur all along before this even happened with no result. Glad it worked for you and I’ll keep you posted. Thanks

• David says:

I sent a web link and it has a zip code, product seller, locator on that site.

• Derick says:

Hi Michele

Like you, I’ve been using many different products containing benzoil peroxide and sulphur without any significant results

…but the doggy shampoo seems to contain larger amounts of the ‘good stuff’ and is possibly the secret …who knows? Just a guess…

…but I suggest you give it a go!!

• Karen says:

Derick, thank you so much for sharing this. I’m also South African, female, and struggle with severe Rosacea. I run (training for comrades) and cycle as well. I really battle to keep it under control with so much exercise.

Will be at Pet shop tomorrow to buy doggie shampoo. I am so beyond desperate, I will even drink it if I have to.

Regards

Karen

14. V TaylorAlex says:

Sulfodene still working for you David? Bought some today: )

Thank you so much for sharing btw. Taking the time. Do you use as wash or leave on a bit?

Alex

• Derick says:

Hi Alex

In the beginning I used to apply a thin layer, very gently rubbing the whole affected area …then leave on for about 10 minutes (twice a day) before rinsing properly with cool water. You will feel a gentle (rather pleasant) ‘tightening’ of the skin afterwards (adding to the tightening of pores and eventual reduction in swelling and fading tissue scars).

Apply tiny amounts, undiluted, directly on pustules and it will simply dry out and vanish in no time …even blind, painful spots disappear overnight.

After using it for about a month, you can simply use a teaspoon-full in the palm of your hands, washing the entire face.

Good luck …I hope it works as well for you as it does for me! Keep us posted…Ü

• David says:

Honestly the Clearasil pads (Salicilac Acid) were short of a solid answer for ME, it may have a use for others (cost was low, $2 each container of pads. May have appeared to work when not challenged with a major breakout. But a dab of this Sulfodene Shampoo worked in an hour and stopped/reversed the crisis in its tracks.
      I put on enough to absorb into the skin and wipe the excess off, the skin takes it in quickly and small amount left is not much
      I also went looking for the Benzoyl Peroxide and found the product below, Clean and Clear for a total support plan for a 1-2 punch (still under $10 for the bottle).

Newest and best clear skin products available, link below.

• Margarita says:

Why did you choose this particular shampoo if the ingredients are different from the shampoo used successfully by Derrick from Capetown?

Margarita:
          The Sulfodene was the only item available and last bottle left at the Pet store counter and it was listed as a medicated shampoo, so it was well worth the small money for a test, right NOW.
          As I say I put on a small amount as you could fit on the end of a finger and just rubbed it in. It stung a little as I applied it. Next time after I had gotten the amazing result I put it on with enough to rub off the excess with a tissue as the skin took in what it could. I had already gotten out of crisis with the 1st dose and now days later it is still doing so well I almost forget I had a problem to begin with.

Thankyou Derrick from Capetown!!! Perhaps all sufferers will have relief

15. Alex says:

Actually I was addressing David, above –as I bought the Sulfodene he recommended. But thanks for your reply too– Derick.

David can you share how you use the Sulfodene? Did the clearasil pads stop working for you?

Thanks again,

Alex

16. Alex says:

Sad that Sulfodene contains Triclosan, such a dangerous ingredient:

Though im trying it. Would try Derick’s too but when I research the ingredients he provided (guess there is no formal name for)–can’t find a comparable product yet.

Though Ive tried so much too–and diet (NO sugar, not even fruit) and some remedies (zz cream) have helped me …sadly Ted’s famous Borax treatment not really. Though its very safe. (Google Ted, rosacea, earthclinic for this).

Alex

OK, 1st things 1st.

The Sulfodene does contain Triclosan (toxin) and is the last on the list (smallest ingredient by volume, DUELY NOTED).

1) All Rx medications are metered doses of poison. (fact) GOOGLE it. Alcohol is poison and enough will kill you too.
      2) Continued irritation anywhere on your body will cause cancer. (fact)
      3) Triclosan is toxic and in this dog Shampoo. The amount I use is the smallest drop (DOES NOT COVER MY PINKY FINGER NAIL) and gives me relief “TOTALLY”.
      4) The 12 oz bottle of shampoo is by volume more than I will need in a lifetime to solve my problem.
      5) I have no plan for a FULL body wash with this shampoo.

I have also gotten some Clean & Clear (Acne Cleanser) with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide. This is a backup/follow-up to my dog shampoo treatment above. Use both treatments as you see fit and have not had an out of control breakout since my 1st and FIRST “single drop” treatment w/Solfodene’s MEDICATED Shampoo & Conditioner!

I just don’t believe how well this has worked. My nose was so bad it was brighter than that reindeer of Santa’s sled and so sore it could NOT be touched!
      I am 60, do not drink and have not had and do not plan to give up animal protein, whole milk, strawberries, cheese, Coffee or Caffeine, the occasional alcoholic drink or Eggnog!

Not quite sure what the issue was or if a bacteria under the skin caused this but NOW I have a treatment that works and the medical field had no good news for me or answers at any cost or effort.
      I did have a red mark on the skin of my forehead from wearing a hat as many guys do get this skin infection at the cap line. The Sulfodene solved this also in less than a day or so.

I really do hope this is helpful to so many of us who suffer with Rosacea and is so affordable compared to the Rx I have had prescribed to me at a prohibitive cost and used to no avail.

Comment via email.

“Milk of magnesia on the face works great. Just apply at night and stop eating and drinking the no no’s on the list. Reduce your stress stop taking all those medication the doctors dump on you!!! You will see improvements but you got to cut out the triggers…”

• Greg says:

Hi, has anyone tried Nizoral or Selsun Blue shampoos with any success?

• Scott Miller says:

I’m using the store (Walgreen’s) brand of Selsun Blue as I type this. I’d like to chime in here on 2 items. First- I really appreciate all of the remedies that everyone is sharing on this site. I’ve been trying, for the past year, to keep this curse under control. I’ve finally figured out that what works for Greg or David or Alex, Margarita and Derick may possibly, might probably or no way in hell work for me. So I’ll choose 1 from column A and 2 from column B and keep switching things around until I get what works for me personally. Secondly- I have to always remember what the former Reverand at my church said during his sermon one Sunday. He said his favorite mantra is “What you think of me is none of my business”. Especially helpful on a bad Rosacea day. I’ve also noticed that other people don’t see my facial imperfections as horribly as I do.

18. Alex says:

Um, David I completely agree with you. No need to be defensive. The drugs doctors are big pharma dole out gleefully like candy ate often far more dangerous than any over the counter. So good for you and anyone persistent and smart enough to research (theres a neat tool called Google) themselves and find what works! Godspeed friend.
    And again thank you for sharing. I’m trying the doggie ‘poo too.

A

19. Rob says:

I am gonna give it a go.., I’ll let you all know what happens

20. Anita says:

I just found this site and read the comments/replies and can’t wait to go into town on Monday for the medicated dog shampoo! During the past 25 years, I have tried several Rxs at ridiculously high prices and also other expensive products found when I Googled Rosacea treatments and so disappointed with all I’ve tried. Anyone who has this condition knows that it causes us to refrain from social situations…like this afternoon, I was embarrassed to go to dinner with my daughter and grandchildren (I went anyway), but I was very self conscious being in public. At this time, I am anxious to try anything that works for anyone. Have eczema now and will also try to see if it helps. Will let you folks know the results.
    Thank you for sharing an surprisingly enough, my dermatologist told me about this website!

21. Rob says:

Well I bought the doggy shampoo on line and started with a little dab on my nose and rinsed in 10 minutes. It did calm the redness and bumps quite a bit. This was 2 days ago and so far so good. Today I going out to play golf and it is windy and cold so this will be a great test, I’ll post after the round. I used it in the morning, after work and before bed, and it only cost 9 bucks and change. I may cancel my derm appointment for laser this friday.., seems too good so my fingers are crossed.

22. Rob says:

It’s evening so time to relax a little, my golf day is over but it was pretty cold and windy so I expected a bad nose day. The elements got the best of me as my nose was red after the round but it wasn’t as bad as in the past and it calmed down so there is hope. This is only the end of the 2nd day since using the doggy shampoo so I will keep on using and posting. I do believe demodex mites are behind my skin issue so this may take a while to get this in check. I will have to do more research on these little monsters and their reproduction cycle as I know they multiply quickly, I am afraid of overdoing the treatment. Good luck to all with this curse.

• Ady says:

I’m in Venezuela at the moment where you can buy most medicines over the counter. I’ve found a product called Benzac, which is a rosacea/acne treatment containing Benzoyl Peroxide. Trouble is it comes containing 2.5%, 5%, and 10% and I could only get the 10% one! I suppose I can sort of dilute it with a bit of tap water when I put it on……

• Rob says:

As I suspected, mites are my problem. I decided to try the ivermectin 1.87% horse paste and abandoned all other treatments because they just did not give the knockout punch I am looking for. During my research frenzy I came across people using the horse paste which has 1.87% ivermectin so I decided to try it (it’s like $5.00 a tube) now I did stop drinking coffee and alcohol completely but I am still hooked on sugar and that doesn’t seem to be a problem. I use the iver at night on my nose and leave it on all night (light coating) shower in the morning with tea tree oil soap and that’s it, it’s been 2 weeks and I am starting to get my old nose back, a lot less swollen and no p&p’s there is still a little redness but it seems to be going away little by little. I also believe the mite infestation has caused mast cell inflammation which in turn has a lot to do with the redness so we’ll see as things progress, I have had no side effects after a few paranoidal feelings when I first started the ivermectin due to what was being written about using horse paste, I am sure the bad stuff is being written by companies who don’t want people to find their own cures ( I am positive that does happen, got it first hand from a friend who is in advertising). The sides of my nose were getting thicker but the iver is knocking that down a bit so again there proves my theory on mite infestation. I had a red swollen nose before using ivermectin and now it is looking like my nose of old and my self esteem has skyrocketed. I was nervous before I tried this but I am glad I trusted my own intuition and you should too, be diligent on your research and don’t listen to negative postings. Good luck to all!

• Karen says:

Rob, how do you know if it is demodex mytes?

• Rob says:

I don’t know for sure just basing my conclusion on research from what others are saying. I have since taken a new route and treating my issue as overproductive oil glands as well. I believe each individual has numerous causes of rosacea and research online is the only way to go, modern medicine is only dealing with masking the problem. I definately believe now that the root of the problem is internal, I am still researching daily so you have to do your due diligence and figure out what works for you. I wish you all the best.

• David Henry says:

In addition to the Sulfadene add “L-Lysine” to improve the body’s healing capacity. This will improve the issue immensely getting the redness to subside.
            WalMart sells a product called Prosacea will help with the Demodex mites that are the root cause of this dilemma. L-Lysine is the finishing product to this.

Now go tell all those who suffer with this.
            Dave

Comment via email.

“I tried the dog shampoo and found it to be very effective. I made it part of my regimen! Joe”

Comment via email.

“Hi Rob – Just like the person who originally posted this approach – I used a small dab of the Seldane dog shampoo and wash my nose area morning and night. I rinse and pat dry. I found after a few days, my skin was clearing. Now I use just once a day as it can really dry out healthy skin if over used. I have put a small dab on at night or morning if I have a break out, but that only happens rarely. To be fair I follow the shampoo wash with a dab of MAMA Proskin Rosacea cream and a dab of ASAP Ultimate Skin & Body Care Gel (24ppm silver as antibiotic) – rub it all in and let it dry. I’ve never tried the dog shampoo by itself because I was already using the other products, with a green light. I’ve stopped the green light as the Seldane shampoo has really made a difference for me.

I am now back to drinking red wine, and life is much better. This regimen is keeping my Rhinophyma under control, but the years of using doctor washes and prescriptions have left me with noticeable skin thickening on my nose. I’ll be trying a laser treatment for that later this summer.

Good Luck, Joe”

• Rob says:

Thanks Joe,
      I hope you have great results with laser, I’ve only had v-beam and a treatment called clear and brilliant, they were good for short term results but it didn’t last nearly long enough for what they cost. I will cut the doggy suds down to once a day as my nose got real shiny when I did morning, afternoon and night application. One more thing…, I can’t seem to find a good moisturizer that does’nt clog pores and cause breakouts. I have found you can’t even trust anything on the web to be true as far as what is advertised and how the next latest and greatest product is the solution, they either do nothing or make it worse, the best advice is to do a lot of research and only follow up on articles from real people who have gotten real results. Case in point (doggy shampoo) I mean it just confirms my opinion that treatment is so much more lucrative than a cure so the so called experts will most likely run you in circles and end up right where you started. O.K I’ve vented enough, I will check out this site daily and see what others have to say. Take it easy and again I hope it all works out for you.
      Rob

25. SteveOLSteve says:

Would it be possible for someone to outline the ingredients found in Seldane please? I don’t think it is available to buy here in Australia.

26. Jason Mc says:

Hi, I am new here and new to this “affliction”. 43 years old and never really had acne or skin issues in my life. I am Scottish decent but not of the too fair and blushing variety. No one in my family history has really had skin issues. I drink (too much), smoke (too much), drink a ton of caffeine and basically have abused my body for too long. I think I “got away with it” all these years and now it is time I am paying the price. I had an “attack” that started a month ago. It looked exactly like David Pascoe’s nose in the pix, (Actually, much worse.)

I first attacked it pretty hard with benzo-gel. That made it worse. I just thought it was acne.

I then went to 3 different GP Doctors who did not have a clue! I was first given Anti-fungal cream and it made it worse.

I was then given anti-biotic cream and that did nothing or again made it worse.

I had an online Dermatologist that I sent pix to tell me it was some form of skin cancer!

I work in a chemically toxic environment, (a steel cutting, machine-shop). There are noxious fumes from Oils and Coolants and anti-rust proofing sprays surrounding me all day. I actually researched this and found a huge amount of data on skin diseases particular to the steel industry, often due to bacterial infections from Oils and Coolants.

I then went back to my Dr and demanded tests, (viral and bacterial) and they came back negative. However at that time she gave me Doxycycline-Hyclate. My stomach hates the stuff. It gives me killer heartburn, (and you can specifically not take antacids with it) but, after 3 weeks of nothing helping, this cleared it up within a week to almost nothing!

At that time I finally got an apt with a Dermatologist. The “rash” was almost gone but luckily I had pictures. She almost shrugged and said, “It’s Roseacea”. Like it was nothing and just the standard answer for anything they can’t identify! She handed me a pamphlet and said, “well, it’s fine now”.

So, a week later, I have fire-red, hot, burning, itching and dry ears, (anyone have any experience with this?)

And after a straight week of Doxycycline-Hyclate and now 1 week off, I can feel and start to see the pustule nose issue coming back.

So, do I stay on the Doxycycline-Hyclate long term? Is this safe?

As a newbie, I am terrified and see the WC Fields nose as my future, after reading all the “Incurable disease” stuff. Although you people here seem to be the best resource and most hope I have seen yet.

Sorry for the long rant but, I am new and scared. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for this great group.

Jason

• AD says:

Hi Jason,
      I’m assuming you didn’t support “anyone but England” in the 6 Nations, so here it is. I started getting pustules on my nose in 2008. The factors were these: working in Saudi Arabia, eating 4 or 5 raw chillies each day to make the lunch edible, started using the gym regularly, can’t think of anything else right now. I didn’t know what to do do for a year and neither did the medics I saw. 2009 I saw a Brit doctor who prescribed Rosex (antibiotic gel). After 8 weeks or so there was a bit of an improvement but not much and it spread to my face on one side (yellow-heads, sore).
      I started learning to prick the pustules on my nose with a needle instead of squeezing and that meant I just got a scab, it released the painful pressure, and my whole nose didn’t go red as a result.
      Last year I detoxed using flax or linseed and doubled my water throughput. That improved things remarkably and got my colon clean.
      I have now been using Benzoyl Peroxide 10% (is that what you mean by benzo-gel?) for a week and my snout is almost back to normal!
      I don’t eat chillies any more or capsicum because that seems to exacerbate the problem.
      You seem to live in a pretty toxic environment so maybe a detox would help first of all, then suck it and see because, as you say, no-one knows what causes this awful condition.
      Good luck, mate!

27. Rob says:

Hi Jason,
    Whatdosage is the doxycycline? I was/am on 50 mg a day and my dermatologist said at that low dose I can stay on it indefinately, I go on and off periodically but it’s usually way more than one week.

28. PC says:

Anyone had continued success with the Sulfodene dog shampoo?

• Ady says:

Is that the shampoo that contains benzoyl? I have been using Benzac, which is available here in Venezuela. It contains 10% benzoyl peroxide and it kills bacteria. I’m looking normal for the first time in 5+ years. You can also get it 2.5% and 5%.
      Hope that helps.
      AD

29. SteveOL says:

I haven’t had a go at the dog shampoo however a couple of weeks ago I noticed I had some dandruff so got some ‘Head & Shoulders’ anti-dandruff shampoo for a dry scalp. I had read on Earth Clinic that anti-dandruff shampoo was worth trying, as was Apple Cider Vinegar which I haven’t tried.

My trigger is a big night drinking alcohol. Say I have a drink on a Saturday, on Sunday I’m ok if not a tad dusty, MondayI start feeling rundown, my sleep is affected and my nose begins to itch and get oily, and by Tuesday my nose has exploded with pustules.

Anyway, I have been using the ‘Head & Shoulders’ on my nose and face for a fortnight and despite the odd pimple that I tend to get anyway, I have been clear of pustules and a red nose and feeling good (touch wood – knock knock knock.) It dries the hell out of my skin but that’s a small price to pay in my opinion.

I also feel like my body is overheating when I’m not well, especially the face, neck, underarms and groin. I tried taking some antihistamines for that and it seemed to help.

I always thought it was a stomach/liver/bowel/digestion issues but I’ve had blood tests recently and my insides are functioning perfectly apparently. So maybe it is the redness and infection of the pustules that makes me feel unwell.

Anyhoo, I hope it is the answer for me. I really hope it is.

30. cyndi says:

I have not posted in a while but need to comment on the benzoil peroxide. This is not a bacteria problem but skin inflammation and the results of which is “skin thickening”.
    Benzoil thins the skin and thus helps with the thickening. Diets of fast carbs or alot of carbohydrates add to the problem, particularly breads, pasta and milk. I can eat some cheeses yet milk seems to swell my nose and so does yogurt. I eat alot of lean meat and peanuts for protein to avoid the carbs and had to give up my dessert and sweets. I did not
    have any relief with the doggie shampoo on one spot. Lately I have used Eucerin healing
    ointment to moisturize the spot and it seems to settle it down as the benzoil is something
    I have not really been able to cure my red inflammation with over the long run with. If you
    use the Eucerin, do not use the Intensive Repair as it has alpha hydroxy in it and will make
    the inflammation more red and inflamed. As far as doxcyclne, my rosacea got worse after
    a few months on it. I believe that doxycycline probably destroyed some of the good bacteria in my digestive
    tract and added to the inflammation overall in my body.Even in low dose, one doctor told me
    to only use it briefly and occassionally. The same goes for Oracea which is slow-release doxycycline. Five days of it should help and then stop if it isn’t working. As I said before,
    diet is so far the only thing that has helped my nose. I drink no alcohol or beer. I am almost
    cured completely after 8 years of doctors and IPL and alot of waste on Oracea.

31. PC says:

Tried milk of magnesia last night and it really seems to be helping w drying up my nose and the oil production throughout the day. I am worried about long term effects though. Will my nose produce even more oil if I do this for a period of time and then stop? Hmmmm…

I ordered the sulfodene and will try that on bad spots to see what happens. Keep y’all up to date.

By the way I’m on orascea and have tried metrogel and finacea w not much success. Have tried head and shoulders a bit too…. not much success.

If this doesn’t work then the onto Benzac!

32. Kristy Loghry says:

Hi all,
    I’m new to this site and a woman in her 50’s, but have suffered for about 15 years with Rosacea. Recently (the last 3 years or so) after finally going to a dermatologist I seem to have a regimen that works for me, so I thought I would share with you.

My basic regimen is now CeraVe AM (moisturizing lotion w/30 SPF sunscreen) every morning before makeup and 1 20 mg tablet of doxycycline twice a day. The CeraVe is wonderful and very calming to my face. I seem to do pretty well with this.

My frustration is that if I miss a pill or two I break out almost immediately with large painful pustules on my nose. My latest dermatologist has assured me that I’m one of the lucky ones of the doxycycline works for me and being on it long term is ok. A few months back I attempted to get off of the doxycycline and my entire face was horrible, so I’m back on now and staying for awhile with the hope that I will try again to wean myself off in 6 months or so.

33. PC says:

Have been using suflodene and milk of magnesia the past few weeks. No huge improvements :/

I got some benzac 10 in the mail today. Will try that now! Keep ya up to date!

• David says:

Skip MoM, Sulfodene is best, Sulfur and Coal Tar work best to treat Demodex Mites and Red Mange. If not, perhaps you may have another issue entirely?
      Sulfodene 2x a day, then, only as needed.

• PC says:

I don’t have what it looks like in the picture above. have a bump at the tip of my nose and what looks like skin thickening to me. Whenever I drink beer my nose or tip gets really swoll up and my face gets warm…..my nose just gets uglier when I drink. I guess when I eat spicy food too.. I am on Orascea and I have been experimenting with a lot of stuff lately. The strap of skin on my nose seems to be rhynophyma or however you spell it. I have broke my nose before… so it’s not a perfect nose either.

I orderded some benzac 10 online and have been using that for a week or two… no noticeable difference and I think I have been using quite a bit. I have another spot on my nose that won’t tan that really bothers me. I am not sure if it’s a lesion or what but I have started using selsun blue for 5-10 minutes before showering and then rubbing tea tree oil on the spot a few times a day. The spot seems to be responding somewhat :/ We will see next time I get sun on my nose? I put the tee tree oil all over my nose one night and it really irritated the bump on the tip and the thickening on the tip. So I guess I will stop that. I do wonder if using it repeatedly would make my nose completly peel off into something healthy shiny and knew but I am sure it would be an ugly process. I have been using benzac day and night for the past few weeks as well.

I had some success with sulfodene and MoM but wanted to try the Benzac as it is supposed to thin the skin.. allegedly. No success yet… not sure If I am supposed to see it this soon. I want to get a tan too…. argh!

May go back to trying metrogel that was originally prescribed to me If none of this works.

• Rob says:

PC,
          I have nose issues too, redness, thickening nostrils, red bumps almost a pimple but mainly an obnoxious focal point. I will no longer go to the dermatologist or laser people because they all misdiagnosed me to keep me coming back and basically handing over my hard earned cash. I did tons of research for about a year and I started a regime to treat demodex mites and it’s working a thousand times better than the so called experts could or would do for me. They diagnosed me with rosacea, that was it, no particular type or anything just rosacea. They said since it is on your nose that is the hardest and trickiest to treat (smoke up my ass) so I bought in and believed them for a while until I had enough, bottom line for me is TEA TREE OIL, it did make things irritated at first but I believe that is because I was pissing the mites off and they seemed to be moving the irritation from one side of my nose to the other on a daily basis, it has been a week straight now and things seem to be pretty good, I just use 3 drops in the morning and 3 drops at night, the mites are active at night and reproduce at that time, I have even set my alarm to get up at around 2 AM and douse those bitches again, I use JASON purifying tea tree skin oil 100% and have had no side effects, you have got to do your own diligence and don’t listen to the naysayers because I think they are on the other side. I have pretty good skin after only one week but research states a 6-8 week treatment to rid the egg hatching cycles involved with these creatures. Don’t listen to anyone with a negative remark and don’t give up. I use 100% solution because I did not have a negative reaction and the killing time is 4 minutes in test tube study, if you go with a 50% solution the killing time is about 15 minutes or so and there are other oils and rubbing alcohol that will kill the mites too ( definately do your own research because everyone seems to be different on what actually works) I could feel something like an itch that was moving on my nose and eyebrows and mustache areas so that is what lead me to the mite research. My thickening skin is much better, a little dry and some flaky skin but it seems to be the last stronghold for these little bastards and I will eradicate them by 2 weeks I am sure, I plan on getting more tea tree oil products like shampoo and body soap and frequent changing of bed sheets and pillow cases just to make sure I do all I can, I also have been taking some supplements to get my immune system fired up and I have stopped drinking at least for now, I had been taking the supplements and abstaining from alcohol previously before the tea tree oil and it really did not help until I incorporated the tea tree oil. I will continue this treatment and post what happens next. Hope this helps, don’t give up and good luck!
          Rob

• PC says:

Thanks for your reply! I tried 100% tea tree oil on my nose the other day and got a big reaction too. My nose got red and tight. I worried it would make my nose look hideous or scab over if I kept using the tea tree oil though. I am also going to pick up some jason tea tree shampoo and conditioner and probably body wash too today! Let’s beat these little bastards

34. SteveOL says:

Has anyone been prescribed Eryacne and, if so, did it do any good?

35. Harika says:

I have the miracle. WITCHAZEL! Get one from a health food store that is pure and with no nasties. Wipe over area twice a day before moisturiser. And bam! I also gave up dairy. Xx

36. MW says:

I looked into the Sulfodene product, the one which is being raved about. The dog wash. Thought I might run into trouble acquiring it Australia, and it turned out to be the case because everything is tightly regulated here. Veterinary prescription is required. Good news for pharmaceutical companies, that sufferers are denied access to an alternative & apparently effective treatment.

Comment via email.

“Greetings! My name is Terri, and I have had Rosacea for approximately 25 years. I have tried prescription antibiotics, prescription creams, and IPL laser to keep it at bay. I can no longer tolerate antibotics at all. The best thing I have tried that works consistently is change of diet, lots of sunscreen, avoiding caffeine, dairy, wheat and alcohol. I am currently doing a probiotic cleanse using Twinlab “Yeast Fighters”. I can proudly say that today I have only one trouble spot (my nose of course) since I have been using that, and eating yogurt or drinking Kefir every day. I use CeraVe cleansers and sunscreen, and Burt’s Bees Blemish stick as well, which includes Tea Tree Oil. I have read somewhere that tea tree oil kills the demodex mites, and helps to clear breakouts. It does sting slightly, but no redness when I wake up in the morning after evening use.”

Comment via email.

“For those who cannot buy Sulfodene locally. Perhaps you could mail order it from http://www.upco.com ($6.50 plus $6.50 shipping). It is funny that I order several of my dog’s prescription products from Australia because I do not need a prescription. International Drug (India) is also a good source. Good luck, the Sulfodene really does work for me.

Thanks, Joe”

• David says:

Our friend from South Africa, whom I am eternally grateful to has the right idea with the doggie shampoo. Sulfodene has worked wonders for me, and continues to do so. I also see others are doing well with it also. Forget the advertisers who continue to chime in here I have the best answer for you.
      So far, Sulfodene Dog Shampoo is the best answer to this plague of Red Mange in Humans.
      David

• Denise says:

The Sulfodene stopped working after 3 months.I have never had the redness,just the pustules.When it came back it was worse then ever and much more painful.I had to go back on Doxy.Why it stopped working is a mystery,but the one side effect was severe dryness that no lotion helped completely.I was peeling like I’d had a bad sun burn,but I stayed with it because that was better than the large painful pustules.I hope I can go back to it soon.

Denise,
          I am not a doctor but you may have another parallel skin condition along with the Demodex mite issue. Skin is a complex organ and you may need to have a consumate skin expert to treat it comprehensively to bring it back to the good health you so richly deserve.
          I stand by my Sulfodene results I have reported.
          I wish you best of results.
          David

• Denise says:

Hi David,
            I did see my Dr to get more ATB’s.Naturally he poo-poo’ed the use of Sulfodene claiming mites is just a myth,but he’s my family doctor. It takes 6mo to see a Dermatologist in my area,but I have an apt with one and am curious as to what she will say about it.
            In the mean time I will use the doxy to clear this flare up then go back to the Sulfodene after it clears up better.I am now suspecting a allergy is the culprit since I have so many skin allergies.Time will tell.
            Thank you for your help and support!
            Denise

• David says:

I need to be polite and say your doctor is simply out of his league and your condition may not be the Demodex mites as I suffer with canine Mange. I did say you may also be suffering some other skin issue and for that your doctor could be right.
            Sulfodene is the solution and not all the other salves and creams I have been prescribed by the medical field for hundreds of US dollars, I suggest your physician stay out of the ring in the area of Rosacea affliction as he is ALL WET as in how babies are wet behind the ears kind of wet.

Respectfully,
            David

39. Denise says:

You can get Sulfodene on ebay and Amazon.Many sellers on ebay offer free shipping.I paid $7.98 for a 8oz bottle.I’m sure the FS is just for US addresses,but many sellers ship around the world.I didn’t check Amazon,but it usually is relatively close in prices and shipping costs.
    Hope this helps and thank you for all the great info here!!
    Denise

40. Marie Leszczak says:

I am so happy I found DermalMD serum for my Rosacea is under control..i have some pinkness but the breakout is gone…I will purchase this the rest of my life. Love it. It works

• Margarita says:

I see they have 2 products: Acne treatment and Rosacea treatment. Which one are you using? Where can I buy it? thanks!

• michele says:

has anyone had any luck with the swollen nose? anyone. mines been swollen for nearly 2 years, doesn’t seems to be a cure for rhynophyma. HELP! found a guy who might try prednisone injections

• David says:

I have suffered for some time now (over 10 years). Used prescription Metro Gel at high cost (results were moderate at best). Got suggestion to try doggie shampoo and I have had amazing results if not total cure. Product is Sulfodene MEDICATED shampoo & Conditioner for dogs. Rosacea is not much more than undiagnosed Red Mange in humans, Demodex Mites are the cause of my dilemma and have responded with an over whelming positive outcome. Less than 1 day!!! I use it perodically to keep it at bay. Anywhere I have hair folicals on the face, eyebrows, beard and under eyes and not in the eyes. These mites feed on the skin in and around hair folicals of eye lashes, eyebrows… (you get the idea, women have the most delicate hair folicals and these mites live in there too).