Natural Bakuchiol Works For Me

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Natural Bakuchiol Works For Me

Postby KTN1063 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:26 pm

I’m a 50-something white male and a rosacea sufferer for the past 20+ years. I have redness around my upper cheek bones and what I would call more severe red and tender bumps on and all around my nose. The bumps are transient depending on whether I am having a flare or not. Besides being somewhat unsightly, especially during a bad flare, the bumps are painful and irritating. I’ve tried everything over the past years including all the sulfur washes and scrubs, Soolantra, Metronidizole, Finacea, Tazorac, Tretinoin creams and gels, Avene, and doxycycline (50 mg once a day). The only remedy that has consistently worked in the past and that I have been able to tolerate has been the doxycycline antibiotic. However, I started to find that I needed to up the doxycycline dose regimen to twice daily and that was just too much antibiotic to be taking chronically. My dermatologist agreed and said the most recent data do not support long-term use of doxycycline for rosacea. Great, now my only remedy should only be used sparingly. The Tazorac also seemed to work for me, but it is very irritating and makes my face sting and burn so I can only use it once a week which is not enough to keep my rosacea calmed down. Finally, and after some internet research, I think I’ve found a solution in a product that contains Bakuchiol, which is a natural plant derived ingredient that has retinol like properties similar to drugs like Tazorac and Tretinoin. I wanted to try a more natural therapy that has retinoid-like properties, but less potent than a drug, so I can use it every day without all the itching and burning. The product I found and have been using is called Phyto Radiance Concentrate from a company called Avalea Skincare. It is an oil blend that contains Bakuchiol, Vitamin C, and squalane. I’ve been using it daily now for the past 3 months and am amazed at how good my skin looks and feels. I’ve been able to reduce and for the past month completely eliminate using doxycycline. Despite having very oily skin, this product absorbs quickly and does not make my skin feel oily; in fact it seems as if my face is not as oily when I use it. From my reading, it appears that if you use a moisturizing oil on your face, it keeps your natural oil production low and balanced because your skin does not need make any more oil on its own. For me, I have to just make sure that any oils I use on my face will not have a tendency induce pimples (ie, the ingredients in the oil have to be noncomedogenic), which makes this particular product a win-win for me. It can be found at http://www.avaleaskincare.com and probably other places. Note that I have not tried other skin care products that also have Bakuchiol as this one worked for me.
KTN1063
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies