Who of you (rosacea sufferers) have digestion issues?

Topics that just don't belong anywhere else. Please use this section when you just can't find somewhere better.

Who of you (rosacea sufferers) have digestion issues?

Postby RudolphRedNose » Sat May 25, 2019 9:17 am

Hi everyone!

At least for me there seems to be a very strong connection to my gut health. Unbeknown to me I have been suffering from gluten intolerance for almost my whole life. It started when I was 10 - terrible diarrhea (to the point where I was hospitalised once) and constant digestion issues (bloating, stomach aches, etc.).

Finally at 30 years old (I am a slow learner it seems) I found out that I just dont react well to the gluten so I cut it out. My health and life improved (and not in a small way). No more indigestions, no more "weird" issues (I constantly had mouth sores - completely vanished). And a lot less migraines.

It is often heard that this is all imaginary - but I don't believe that for a second.
What I do believe though is that my gut did not really ever fully recover and has a hard time digesting some things. Particularly sugar is extremely bad for my rosacea (too much sugar and I get p&p on my nose, inflamed, painful, ugly).

So my question is: Might there be a strong correlation between digestion issues (gut health) and rosacea? Do you also have rather sub-optimal digestion?

Just to really make the point again: Maybe you want to try cutting out sugar (as much as you can). I only eat 1-2 small pieces of fruit every 2 days. No white bread, no rice, no high glycemic index foods whatsoever. And my skin really really has calmed down. I know it does not sound easy - it is not. I basically eat only eggs, meat and loads of vegetables. But it works really really well for me.
RudolphRedNose
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to General Stuff