Baking soda and water

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Baking soda and water

Postby trevans1977 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:19 am

I could run through the gambit of food sensitivities and products that irritate my face and such, but instead I will just tell you what has been working great for me.

Firstly, prayer, I give credit for my great relief from this condition to God. Thank you.

I wash my face once or twice a day with Selsun blue medicated (the liquid is green). Twice is ideal, but over time it leaves my face looking a bit dull, so I sometimes at night will use a Stridex pad, original strength (1%) instead.

Baking soda and water orally - for me this works really well. I mix 1 gram of baking soda with about 12 ounces of water once a day. If I am flaring up or eat some foods that trigger me bad then I up that to two or three times for that day. This mixture is fairly weak, that is because the baking soda tends to be a bit hard on my oral tissues and lips if I make it too strong. I actually use a little 1 gram measuring spoon and level it. I bought a container of baking soda pills, but for some reason this does not have the same effect as the version mixed with water, I can only speculate why, but the mixed with water version must be neutralizing my mouth, tonsils, and all the way to my stomach and this must be the difference, hmm, unless someone has a better idea why the baking soda tablets don't do the same thing (and I took them with 12oz of water too). IMPORTANT: I purposefully steer clear of mealtimes for taking the baking soda and water, as I want my food to digest.

The baking soda is a make it or break it thing for me - I can literally stop burning cheeks within 20 minutes or so by drinking this (cheeks that otherwise would have burned all day and swelled with little pimples and such). I suspect acids are getting into my system or something and the baking soda also gets into my system and neutralizes them.

For the record, my intuition is telling me that the reason I am dealing with this is because of all the NSAIDs I used to take when I was younger, I popped Advil and Aleve like they were candy for headaches, hangovers ect... when I was young. I have heard some people feel low stomach acid causes this, I will say that in my case more stomach acid would certainly not help the problem, it would probably cause an enormous breakout, because I think those acids are getting into my system. I can't speak for every case though obviously, just offering my insights. If I want more stomach acids all I need to do is stress about something and walla, more acid and a flare up.
trevans1977
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Baking soda and water

Postby trevans1977 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:32 am

One thing I did forget to mention is that I do use Curel fragrance free lotion on my face after washing my face or using a Stridex pad.
trevans1977
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Baking soda and water

Postby trevans1977 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:37 pm

I just wanted to mention. I notice that when I use the Stridex pads too often that I will get some redness. So far, I have concluded that if I want to avoid this I only use them twice a week (Monday evening and Friday evening), and I am using the Sensitive (.5%) on Monday and Regular (1%) on Friday. I don't think the Stridex pads do my face any good in regards to the redness and irritation, they can aggravate it if I use too often, however, being 41 years old, if I don't use them my skin starts getting hard creases in the laugh lines and such and looking very dull. So some exfoliation from the Stridex pads helps tremendously for the dullness and wrinkles, I almost can't overemphasize that, but it is a balancing act on how often to use them, because they will most certainly cause irritation if used too often.
trevans1977
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies