Can this be Rhinophyma?

Topics that just don't belong anywhere else. Please use this section when you just can't find somewhere better.

Can this be Rhinophyma?

Postby Manny » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new here.

My situation is strange. I've always had oily skin specially on nose (a lot of sebaceous filaments) but i used to have a perfect size nose with a slight round tip, wich i was completely comfortable with.

Seven months ago i was bitten by a large dog on the sides of my nose (not directly). My nose has been chronic swelling since then. I've done X-ray and CT scan and visited 3 ENT's who told me there was nothing wrong with my bones or cartilage. So they only say wait more and wait more. I don't know but i feel this sweeling is worsening over time.

I'm looking for dermatology in last resource in case i have a somewhat obscure or low grade infection.

At morning, my nose is completely a potato. And only few days it gets close to normal at the end of the day. It seems that whenever i lay down, even for an hour i get this potato nose.

I've red that chronic swelling can lead to rhinophyma. I'm here because now i have these area with RAISED SKIN like a mass of clogged pores converged and it slightly pink.

I used to have this (nasty sorry) ritual from week to week that i would slightly stretch apart my skin with my 2 fingers on nose and instantly my sebaceous filaments would COME OUT. Now if i do it, if i stretch my skin i can see this white dots all around the nose but none of them actually gets out. Clogged? By swelling? What is this raised mass?

At cell phone light my skin on tip is different than the alar or superior bridge skin. It is kind of wrinkled or orange peel texture...dificult do describe.

I have this photo that i think shows the difference of textures over the skin of the nose. I'm making my lips go inside my mouth so it can be shown better.

I also notice a crease/gap (with kind of indentation skin) between this raised spot and the tip. It feel like the tip cartilages are apart from the bone. Does anyone else have it when they put their lips inside?

I don't have Rosacea neither my nose is red (only if i pick it).

I'm going to see a Derm next friday.

Can you give me your opinion? By my experience doctors can have very different opinions. I hope the Derm goes the spot.

A doctor sugest Rosilan (Deflazacorte) 2x/ during 5 days and also Fucicort for 5 days. It didnt work.

Thank you so much.
Manny
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Can this be Rhinophyma?

Postby Manny » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Sorry, the Photo.
Manny
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Can this be Rhinophyma?

Postby Manny » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Im sorry, i wasnt getting the photo attached.

Here it is.
What is the raised area.jpg
What is the raised area.jpg (78.97 KiB) Viewed 421 times
Manny
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to General Stuff