Rosacea Face Changes

Topics that just don't belong anywhere else. Please use this section when you just can't find somewhere better.

Rosacea Face Changes

Postby Ryan1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:27 am

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. I've had rosacea for years and have done many things to combat it (ETS surgery, IPL, Yag, Vbeam, clonodine, SNRIs, etc). Anyway, I'm a flusher with constant redness. My flushing is painful and hot. When rosacea first started I would flush 2-3 times a day and my face would get purple. After all the things I did to combat it I finally reduced the flushing to on once a day in the evening, usually after dinner. I accepted that for many years and always attributed it to my body getting hot at that time of the day. During the day my face would feel weird sometimes like I was having underlying flushing but it wouldn't show that bad. I grew to deal with it and moved on with my life.

Speed up to about 6 months ago I noticed my rosacea was getting worse. I started to research and found out about he gut (sibo) link, gluten, dairy etc. links... I immediately cut out gluten from my diet and right away I stopped having the flushing episodes at night. It was pretty cool, now I was just dealing with the redness. Then I got off my anxiety meds, I tried to fix my gut (which I do believe I have sibo) and I have noticed that after getting off the anxiety meds I now have what seems to be a constant flush in my nose, but no where else. My nose is red, slightly swollen and sometimes it is unbelievable uncomfortable.

This is the weird thing. About 1 month ago I started on the path to clean my diet up to help my gut. I started to take this smoothy meal replacement (skgy), you should know what I'm talking about.. and some other stuff. For 2 days I had the best skin that I've had in 16yrs. It was not flushed, barely red and amazing. I have tried everything after that day to try and replicate but nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't tried again is the skgy. I stopped taking that because it may have gluten in it. I ordered some more and I'm going to give it another whirl.

Summary: Face flushed once per day, but had weird underlying sensations throughout the day for 10+ years while on anti-anxiety venalflaxine, ( no nose flushing ). After getting off venaflaxine and removing gluten, I only flush in my nose and it seems to be pretty constant.

Any ideas, thoughts?

Thanks!
Ryan
Ryan1
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to General Stuff