Triggers vs what helps

What is the difference between blushing and flushing, how is that related to my rosacea and how do I treat it ? Stop in here for all your answers.

Triggers vs what helps

Postby Shadow_y » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:19 am

Hi All,

I am new here and still trying to make the sense what has happened. I thought it might be helpful if I wrote down things which trigger the attacks and things which help and I would be grateful if you can add your thoughts and opinions:

Triggers:
- Sun
- Heat
- Central Heating
- Cooking/Baking
- Long travels by car, train, bus
- Exercise except for night walks which actually helps
- Showers/baths
- Embarrassment/being angry/upset
- Crying
- Coffee specifically but hot drinks in general
- Alcohol

Things which help:
- Sun cream
- Cold things (ice cream)
- Swimming in the sea (Sea water seems to improve it)
- Night walks but they can be dangerous

Please let me know if you have any more ideas especially on the things which improves it. There are some changes which I can start doing to my lifestyle which can improve the symptoms:
- stop drinking coffee (I've done it for two months now - no visible change but I guess less attacks frequency as they seemed to follow after drinking that)
- stop drinking alcohol (I've done it for two months now - no visible change but I guess less attacks frequency as they seemed to follow after drinking that)
- wearing suncream & sunglasses daily (I've been wearing suncream for two months now -it seems to calm attacks down but it doesn't prevent them)
- stop going to gym (tears) (I've done it for two months now - no visible change but I guess less attacks frequency as they seemed to follow after doing that)

However, there is some stuff I cannot change like weather and I have to travel a long distance to work (I cannot afford to lose my job or move closer), cooking (I and my need to eat), being emotional (I am not able to switch off my feelings). Are there any other helps how to minimise and what helps?
Shadow_y
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Triggers vs what helps

Postby Shadow_y » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:44 am

I've just remembered two other triggers:
- bright lights
- nuts (especially peanuts)

Again I stopped eating peanuts and nuts in general and there is no visible change but I guess there is less attack frequency because the flashing followed after eating them.

I cannot avoid the bright lights especially at work but it gets really uncomfortable.
Shadow_y
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Shadow_y » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:21 am

The another triggers not as bad are:
head down - makes cleaning difficult
deep fried foods - not too bad if eaten in moderation (mostly got the flush when try to do them rather when eating them)
salty stuff - not too bad if eaten in moderation
Chocolate - not too bad if eaten in moderation
Lying face down - I went to have the massage recently and I lied face down that was horrible.
Laughing - the same as crying makes my face all red

Grr, it is easier to write what doesn't make me flush...
Shadow_y
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Shadow_y » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:44 am

Another triggers:

Tomatoes - make my skin tingle - supposed to be healthy
Oranges - the same

Grrr - it is healthy stuff which is supposed to be good for me. Anyway continue:

Vitamin D/Calcium in the derived form as drops/cream - I was using on the nail lupus which I suffer from and had the worst attack ever. It was my first one so that was what triggered it for me.
Fish Oil - supposed to help but it makes my skin worse (!!!) or do I just imagine it....
I am effectively burning alive (even my breath is hot - can feel it on my face). It is stopping being funny now.

Has anyone tried Kombucha (don't know why I am asking - none ever answers) - I am quite looking forward to it. I used to drink lots of green tea but now I stopped because it is hot drink and make my skin worse but at least I can drink in this form and it even might be good for me.
I've read a lot about the bread and processed meat causing Rosacea and worsening the symptoms but I live on carbohydrates and bread and processed meat and dairy but is it because I live on it that now I have Rosacea. I certainly didn't notice any worsening in flushing after eating it. However, it might have given this to me in the first place. Grrr, why everything has to be so complicated. What should I eat now? The heat from the kitchen I found unbearable but if the sandwiches (i.e. bread, dairy and processed meat, peanut butter) are out of the question - there is not much else left to eat (except chewing on the green salad but that hardly fills the hole). As much as I understood boiled chicken and green salad is about the dinners which I am looking forward to (plus I don't know how to boil the chicken as the heat triggers the attack). The more I am thinking about it the more depressed I get.
Shadow_y
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Blushing & Flushing