Just diagnosed with Rosacea - advise

Have you just been diagnosed with rosacea ? This is the forum for you. You can walk out of the doctor's office with a head full of questions and feeling overwhelmed. Well settle in here and see that you head in the right direction to get some good relief from your symptoms.

Just diagnosed with Rosacea - advise

Postby Shadow_y » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:53 am

Hi All,
before this happened to me I was always laughed at for being too pale -"you look like a ghost, apparition, OMG who painted you green, do you actually have any blood in you, you are sooo pasty"... My skin was always problematic with acne and dermatitis which seem to go away for long period of time and when just flared up dramatically every now and then and now this thing. I've been seeing dermatologist since age of 15 because I was always concerned about the look of my skin. Last year I changed jobs and the one I am now includes a long travel by train and I noticed that my skin on the cheeks is a bit reddish and then the bumps arrived. I thought that's acne at first and I put on the drying cream which works for acne but didn't see anyone. However, I noticed that it is the dry skin already so I changed to the normal moisturise and I noticed that it is better after the sun cream so I was applying sun cream and also cream Bluecap which I had for my dermatitis which seemed to clear the redness dramatically and after two months I had really nice skin. Unfortunately, this spring the redness reappear and for some reason I applied lots of Sudocream (which is drying cream in UK where I live) and next morning my skin was literally burned and flaky and itchy. I thought that I burned and I didn't do anything and after the flakes gone the skin was all red and itchy. i went to GP and he told me that I gave myself and eczema and gave me overcounter steroid cream which I had applied for the long period of the time. No surprise that my skin was actually getting worse with the hot flushes usually happening at the evening and morning. I couldn't use the suncream and bluecap because my skin was reacting widely to everything. It got temporally better with using Egyptian Magic cream but that worked only for a short while. I got really scared and activated my private medical insurance and got to see the dermatologist and he immediately diagnosed Rosacea and prescribed Efracea antiobiotics for three months and told me to wash my skin with glycerol and use suncream La Roche Possay and Cetaphil lotion and see him in three months. I don't know what to do - I feel really down and depressed (worse than before with dermatitis and acne flares up because this is getting on for so long). I am eating antibiotics which except making me feel nauseous don't seem to have any effects, washing my skin with glycerol which makes my skin really oily and applying the suncream during the day and after evening wash with glycerol I apply Cetaphil lotion during the night. is that correct - I have no idea.What should I do? I was reading the tip about carrying the freezing chips (they will melt in my handbag surely before I can put them in my mouth and make my teeth crack), will sleeping on the silk pillow help or is that just another way to get the money out of you? Is it mineral water in the spray good or bad idea? Do I have to give up beach holidays and cycling forever? Also heat in the kitchen is making my Rosacea bad but I was advise that the good diet is key? How do I get around this one? Does anyone have a good recipes for anti redness food which I can prepare and also what I can do as I have to travel on the train for long distances which doesn't have A/C and it makes my Rosacea bad. Thanks, Shadow_y
Shadow_y
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Just Diagnosed with Rosacea