Just been diagnosed

Have you just been diagnosed with rosacea ? This is the forum for you. You can walk out of the doctor's office with a head full of questions and feeling overwhelmed. Well settle in here and see that you head in the right direction to get some good relief from your symptoms.

Just been diagnosed

Postby Goose » Sun May 13, 2018 6:19 am

Hi Guys,
I’ve just been diagnosed with rosacea, my first signs were puffy under eyes then swollen spotty cheeks, I’ve been red on the cheeks and chin for years and didn’t know what it was. This swelling happened after a long period of stress and worry, illness in the family. After the dermatologist appointment i was perscrbed Finacea in the morning then Elidel in the evening. Finacea for the spots and Elidel for the swelling. I did not feel comfortable using the Elidel when I read the cancer scares so I’ve been using the Finacea morning and night and I have bought a led light machine to use red light therapy instead. I feel alone not knowing if these things will help at all, this has knocked my confidence enormously, I struggle with going out, prior to this I was a very social happy person. The swelling is my main concern which is due to small p&ps on either side of my nose. Has anyone got any tips, I have been on the treatment for three weeks and haven’t seen any improvement, should I be looking into laser treatment or waiting to see if my symptoms improve, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I’m so pleased I found this forum.
Michelle (Goose)
Goose
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Just been diagnosed

Postby Westki » Wed May 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi Michelle- I’m n the same boat- not knowing if what I’m doing is working and worth it! I’m watching what I eat and taking Orascea but I don’t see that a pill has helped. I mostly have itchy sensitive skin with some breakouts. I flush a lot- but I always have. I do Crossfit which I will not give up because or $&*^% rosacea but I look like a bloated swollen puffer fish afterwards... This damn condition is thankfully not cancer but really sucks. I also think it’s a learning process and very individualistic. We will learn what works and what our triggers r with time unfortunately. I just found out my uncle has rosacea for yrs and he likes the Sebamed products. I’ve been using Aquanil and Dml for yrs and they def work for my sensitive skin. Oh, somebody put on here Dudu Ohsun soap- African black soap, off Amazon- and I like it for my skin in general. It kinda burns when I use it on my face but I don’t see that it causes a flare up. Hang in there!! Xx
Westki
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Just been diagnosed

Postby Goose » Thu May 24, 2018 12:43 am

Thank you so much for your reply, this condition does suck! I have also found out that my cousin has the condition, but hers hasn’t been a problem for a few years, she has just told me she has breast cancer, so as you say we need to put this in perspective a bit. I have just had a photo rejuvenation treatment and been put on Aspect redless and Multi B plus serum. I have read a lot about IPL treatments for rosacea and I hope I’m on the right track, again as you’ve mentioned this is the frustrating part of this condition, as we are all different, with different triggers. I am also quite a physical person and have still been having a jog out on cloudy days covered in sunscreen and ready with ice when I get home, I can’t give up everything. I will have a look into the products you’ve mentioned, it’s great to get tips. I am struggling with how to apply makeup with a puffy face, any tips would be welcome. Keep happy and strive forward, that’s all we can do.
Goose
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Just Diagnosed with Rosacea