Have you just been diagnosed with rosacea ? This is the forum for you. You can walk out of the doctor's office with a head full of questions and feeling overwhelmed. Well settle in here and see that you head in the right direction to get some good relief from your symptoms.

Postby Comeau34 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi everyone! This is my first post so bare with me! I'm 34 years old and was recently diagnosed this week. U my md with mild acne rosacea. I am a LPN so I kinda New this by doing some research prior so I'm not to devasted. So my story is I started tonhave some symptoms this summer flushing all the time and broken capillaries along my cheeks and nose. I thought at first it was because of working out 5 days a week doing intense cardio workouts for a hour plus too much sun in the past..which I'm sure is a lot of the reasons. Lately I have been noticing more capillaries broken to the point I'm self conscious. After some research I decided to bite the bullet and go for a photo facial last Tuesday..I was actually quite suprised it did help a bit..I than seen my dr on the Thursday were she did diagnose me and asked me to try finacea...now my problem is trying to find a skin care regime as I'm super sensitive and break out over everything! I used to use Arbonne clear future line which is amazing for my acne but unfortunately I think the salycilic acid is not helping..what I have started using is neutrogena ultra gentle cleanser ( I have tried cerave and cetiphil in the past and broke out) finacea and nuetrogena light moisturizer for sensitive skin followed by spf..I'm starting to break out again but I think my skin just needs to get used to the regime..I also use oxygentic foundation which is by far the most amazing foundation I have ever used and thankful for it! I'm hoping to stick this out for a month until my next photofacial appoint and than I'll go from there. I was wondering if you need to stop using the finacea a few days prior to photo facial treatments or not? Thanks everyone! I'm so happy I found a community that I can go to! Love all the information and advice!
Comeau34
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Just Diagnosed with Rosacea