NO more washing

Topics that just don't belong anywhere else. Please use this section when you just can't find somewhere better.

NO more washing

Postby Krondika » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:49 pm

I was diagnosed with rosacea May of 2015 and have tried every organic/toxin free oil, face wash, face cream, makeup. Every diet including juice fast, autoimmune, whole food plant based diet, alcohol free, gluten free, vegan, dairy free and I've tried them all at once. I've had exercise routines, taken probiotics, taken supplements. I've tried it all (expect meds/antibiotics for personal reasons) I even tested my PH level for some time to see if having a more basic or acidic PH aggravated my face (no results yet, testing still in progress). NOTHING HELPED. The rosacea was a little better when I stopped exposing myself to heat and other triggers but how can you live your life that way. I can't stay inside bc the sun is out or not go to other peoples houses bc they keep their house warmer than mine.

I finally gave up and stopped washing my face. Nothing was working and after 2 years I felt completely defeated by this. My skin would flush and burn for 1-2 hours every night and there was nothing I could do about it. It took everything in me not to cry at the dinner table and, to be honest, sometimes I did.

About 3 months ago I started using water wipes to clean off my makeup bc 50 % of the time I washed my whole face would turn red. I noticed that, most of the time, the water wipes do not irritate my skin. I use one in the morning before I put on rosehip oil, a second oil (I can't remember the name) and an organic, chemical free, moisturizer. I also wear a powder concealer made mostly from mica. In the evening I use 2-3 water wipes to remove the makeup and then I apply the same oils and face cream. This isn't perfect, 1-2 times a week or less I have minimal flushing in the evening and 1-2 times a month I still have a pretty bad flush for 1-2 hours. I still flush if I am exposed to temps above 75 degrees or below 60 degrees Fahrenheit for longer than 30-60 minutes or temps above 80 degrees for any period of time.

It is by no means a cure all but it has helped to reduce the periods and intensity of flushing until I can get to the root of the problem. Good luck out there!
Krondika
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to General Stuff