Finacea help

Use this forum to discuss topical rosacea treatments that are only available on prescription for eg. metrogel, klaron, plexion

Finacea help

Postby Autumn32 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:30 am

Hello everyone,

Has anybody used finacea?

I used it recently and it seemed to make any bumps I have larger and redder. Is this a normal reaction? I've not used it again, went back to trusty soolantra. However soolantra doesn't help with my acne, which is why I thought finacea would be the answer to my prayers.

I've not used finacea since but just wondering if this is how it works? And maybe I should give it another chance?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Autumn32
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Finacea help

Postby cosmicgirl » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:19 am

Hi Autumn32

My derm prescribed me - azaleic acid 20% (known in the UK as skinoren cream). I've been using it for a week and yes my face seems to have broken out in a lot more big red papules than before I started using it, so maybe it is supposed to purge before it gets better - least that's what I hoping.

how have you go on with the finacea. I noticed you posted in October?

all the best - Cosmicgirl :)
cosmicgirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Finacea help

Postby Autumn32 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:51 am

Hey,

Thanks for your message.

I tried again with finacea but every time it just made my spots and bumps worse, much more inflamed. I don't know if that is some kind of purge but I didn't want to continue with it.

Now I'm on roaccutane in the hope of clearing my acne, and it hasn't caused any kind of flare in my rosacea which is what I was worried about. I'm only on a low dose so that's probably why.

I wish you the best of luck with finacea. Let me know how you get on if you stick with it. I might go back to it if you find it to help.

Good luck :-)
Autumn32
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Prescription Topicals