Anyone have acne as well as rosacea?

Topics that just don't belong anywhere else. Please use this section when you just can't find somewhere better.

Anyone have acne as well as rosacea?

Postby Autumn32 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with rosacea in January, but I've always suffered with acne on my chin, which I still have, and my rosacea treatment (soolantra) doesn't help with this.

I'm currently on lymecycline, which isnt helping as much as it used to. But I find typical acne treatments harsh on my sensitive skin. I'm really unsure how to treat it.

Before I had rosacea, I used to use zindaclin (clyndamincin) which helped keep my acne at bay, but that stopped being as effective when I started getting my rosacea symptoms. Not realising I had rosacea, I started using differin, which is quite helpful, but again makes my skin even redder as it is pretty harsh.

I paid to see a dermatologist who confirmed I had acne alongside rosacea. Is anyone else in the same boat? How do you treat it? I find that my skin is constantly on my mind, it effects everything, would be nice to have a break for a little while hey (yahoo)

My dermatologist was keen for me to start roaccutane at a low dose but I'm looking for other alternatives first.

Would love to hear from anyone going through similar, or has any tips, I'm at a loss.

Thank you :-)
Autumn32
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to General Stuff