Green tea ???

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Green tea ???

Postby Dansmith » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Does it help rocesea or make it worse ???
Dansmith
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Green tea ???

Postby JennAdeleK » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 am

Now, please, keep in mind that this is just my own personal experience... but it made mine worse. Green tea acts as a DAO inhibitor, and my rosacea seems to be activated by high histamines, so I need as much active DAO in my body as possible to keep histamine levels balanced. Last 2 times I tried drinking green tea, I actually threw it up immediately.
JennAdeleK
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Dansmith » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks for your response . I have only recently been diagnosed with rocesea , so there is so much i do not know about it .
High histimine foods also tend to trigger my rocesea , do anti histimines help with that ?
Dansmith
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby JennAdeleK » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:30 am

I try not to take antihistamines, as over time your body can become used to them, if you rely on them too much. I try to get my body to do as much as it can to help itself, without a whole lot of medicinal intervention.

My rosacea has responded well to a gentle cleansing regimen, good sun/heat protection, daily red light therapy (I do a session twice a day right now, morning and evening), and a low-histamine whole foods diet. I also get regular, moderate-level exercise daily to help combat stress and to keep myself fit.

Here is a link to an article I recently had published about managing rosacea:

https://themighty.com/2017/05/what-to-k ... g-rosacea/

Hope it helps you!!! :)
JennAdeleK
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Return to Foods & Diet