Red Light Therapy Working GREAT!!!

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

Red Light Therapy Working GREAT!!!

Postby JennAdeleK » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:01 pm

I just had to hop on here and share this because it's making a huge difference in my life with rosacea. I'm currently 12 treatments into red light therapy here at home, and my skin is almost 100% normal!!! WOW!!! I still get the occasional pinkness and blotchiness on my cheeks, but it is nothing like before. My skin texture is just fantastic! I am shocked RLT has been this effective.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I am also currently doing other things to help keep my rosacea calm, including:

#1. Completely switching to an AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) diet and lifestyle, tailored to my individual needs. If you are unfamiliar with Autoimmune Protocol, just Google and a lot of stuff will come up. There's plenty to read and learn. Phoenix Helix is one of the best resources to start with, and AIP is becoming more and more prevalent every day. This alone reduced my rosacea symptoms by about 85% within a good 3-4 weeks.

#2. Getting rid of all cosmetics (this was tough but I just knew they were making it worse). I wash with my own homemade lavender soap. Use raw honey as a gentle face wash (I don't use my homemade soap on my face, honey only here 2x per day), and moisturize with pure aloe vera gel 3-4x per day. I also use the aloe vera gel as my hair gel, which is a nice double duty. And, I finally started making my own toothpaste and deodorants (coconut oil and baking soda blends) to make sure they are as pure and gentle as possible. I never wear makeup or use perfumes of any kind anymore. (Oh, and as a side note, I never wash or bathe in hot water... lukewarm only).

#3. I try not to get overheated or get too much sun exposure. A big hat is worth the money... invest. I cannot tolerate any type of topical sunscreen, so covering up is what I have to resort to... also, sucking on ice cubes in the summer heat helps prevent flares for me.

#4. Moderate-intensity exercise every day (hiking mostly)... and I switched my yoga routine to only doing upright poses... nothing with a head-down posture that makes the blood rush to my face.

#5. Metrogel 1%... this can help with the remaining 10-15% of my symptoms most of the time, but since starting red light therapy I've used it less and less and less. I wonder if soon I won't need this prescription at all. Time will tell. I was using it once daily (just the smallest pea-sized amount), in the evening. I currently use it only for an occasional spot treatment, and haven't needed it in the last 3 days.

I really hope all this info helps someone!

Sending love and light to all...
JennAdeleK
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Re: Red Light Therapy Working GREAT!!!

Postby JennAdeleK » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Oh, and if anyone wants to know which red light unit I use, it's this one...

https://www.smarterlights.com/The-Pure- ... lt-red.htm
JennAdeleK
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)