I'm rosacea free for 3+ years now

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

I'm rosacea free for 3+ years now

Postby SusieQ2222 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Gluten and dairy were my culprits...read my in the "Just diagnosed section". I'm 100% cured.
SusieQ2222
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: I'm rosacea free for 3+ years now

Postby Frunie » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi
Thank you for sharing.
Your post caught my eye because I am newly diagnosed (May 2016) having had a few skin problems on my face (thought it was acne, eczema) then I had a massive painful flare up in May which led to rosacea diagnosis. I tried many things suggested on this forum but found it confusing as what helped for one person, caused a flare up in another etc. and to be honest I think I was desperate to improve things so was trying too many things in one go. Long story short(ish) I ended up paying for a food intolerance test and lo and behold both dairy (cows milk not lactose) and Gluten came up on my results (I'm not celiac). I have cut both out since approx mid July and my skin has been much better for it. Its not perfect yet but I am still getting the hang of this food thing and am finding that both milk and gluten are used in SO many foods, often ones you would not expect so it is perfectly conceivable that I have eaten something inadvertently. Whereas (since May) I have been very aware of the skin on my face - I could feel it all the time, tight, itchy, stingy ..like someone had smacked me across the face with stinging nettles. I find that now it feels a lot more normal. Like its just there rather than it being angry all the time and it is far lass rashy, someday's perfect, other days only a slight rash/blemish!

I did speak with a nutritionist and she said that if I hadn't done the food intolerance test and I went to her for advice regarding rosacea she would have advised to cut out dairy and gluten as both create an immune response. The fact that both these came out of my test is further confirmation that for me, they should be avoided. As a chocoholic this is a difficult pill to swallow but I am ready to try anything to be honest!

In addition to the discomfort, my complexion does make me feel paranoid but I have found using Clinique redness solutions pressed powder is quite effective (albeit a bit pricey) but lasts a long time.
Frunie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby SusieQ2222 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi Frunie-I have not logged into the site in a long time. How is your skin now? Mine continued to improved over a period of about 18 months. I agree that gluten and dairy are the main culprits. Hope you are doing well now!
SusieQ2222
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Westki » Thu May 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Hey guys! I am newly diagnosed and looking for answers... prior to my diagnosis I began eating more in line with my blood type. Which cut out wheat,gluten, and diary for me. I have not completely eliminated them but I have found I feel better overall when they r limited. I wondered if you are strictly no gluten and diary or do u push it on certain occasions? Also, how long has it taken u to notice a significant improvement? TY in advance
Westki
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies