Really Struggling

How we view ourselves, including our face is an important part of our overall health. Use this forum to discuss psychological aspects of having rosacea such as depression and anxiety for example.

Really Struggling

Postby alexolive » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:24 pm

This last week has been incredibly tough, after suffering from mild rosacea, but basically overcoming it with Zinc suncream, Zinc supplements and Omega 3 for years, and living a full and active life I stupidly decided to have a rhinoplast last year. As well as a year of excruciating sinus headaches the result is a lot of veins on the nose and moderate Rosacea, the skin on my nose is horrible and I am devastated, this should have been an improved for my self esteem but instead I have lost my friends, girlfriend, job and feel ashamed in public. I feel like a monster. I have had three IPLs which did improve the quality of my skin, and just did my third Laser last week, however although some of the veins have improved or gone there is no significant change. The nurse says she sees an improvement and promises me we will get there, but I am starting to loose faith. My doctor has referred me to a phsyciatrist now, I am have severe problems sleeping, eating and simply don't know where to turn. I have been taking Tertalysal and have just been given Finacea gel. I suffered so much at school with self esteem as I had acne and truly believed it was all behind me, but instead I have unncessarily ruined my life. Simply getting through the day is now difficult. I am trying to tell myself that I must accept this fate, I have a red nose with veins and that is that, but it is not easy knowing all this suffering could have been so easily avoided.

A
alexolive
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Psychological Aspects