Anybody have any luck with this?

This is the part of rosacea that can be mistaken for acne - those lumps and bumps that look like teenage acne, but are actually rosacea lesions. These symptoms can often be the easiest part of rosacea to treat. Drop in here for more information.

Anybody have any luck with this?

Postby midwestmimi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi, I'm new here, but have lurked off and on for a while. My rosacea seems to come and go and in many ways, seems seasonal with flushing followed by those annoying break outs, about 2-3 times a year, usually around change of seasons. Or when I've indulged in red wine too often. I've been prescribed Metrogel in the past, and I've done the Prosecea route without much success. One thing that really seems to work for me is using what's called African Black Soap, as a cleanser. Advertised to work for lots of skin conditions, but it seems to handle the P&P flare ups for me. I'm white, by the way. Available at Walgreens under the Shea Moisture brand, and it's good, or my favorite is Osun Du Du, which I bought on Amazon. Might have misspelled that. Anyway, have one on the bathroom sink top and one in the shower. Use it twice a day, followed by Neutrogena Spot Treatment, and Eucerin Night Crème or Day Lotion. I'm 59 and suffered from acne (maybe it was rosacea) as a teen and in my 20's, and off and on throughout my life. This regime seems to be the more reliable at this stage and I wish I"d found it sooner.

The black soap does not seem to dry out the rest of my skin, but it does seem to dry up the P&P in a day or so. Everything makes me red, even Cetaphil, but I do not remain red too long using the black soap. I've read it's good for a variety of skin conditions from psoriasis, eczema, bug bites, etc. Your mileage may vary, but it works for me.....
midwestmimi
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Anybody have any luck with this?

Postby fanny » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:28 am

Thank you for sharing, its really important to have people's input on products etc, especially inexpensive ones!!
Hope all continues to go well for you
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby cmh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:07 am

I have some coupons for ULTA and I will run over tomorrow and try this! Thanks so much!!!
cmh
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Westki » Thu May 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Love this info- TY!
Westki
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Papules & Pustules