any new miracle treatments?

This is the part of rosacea that can be mistaken for acne - those lumps and bumps that look like teenage acne, but are actually rosacea lesions. These symptoms can often be the easiest part of rosacea to treat. Drop in here for more information.

any new miracle treatments?

Postby Angy79 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:23 am

Hi,

I've been away from the forums for a while. All was going well with Oracea, that I started using in june 2013. My face looked normal again! But now, since the cold has kicked in here in the Netherlands, and the central heating is on again, my face gradually turned into a mess again, without me changing anything except stopping my probiotics. My face is terribly dry and bumpy again. Of course I restarted the probiotics but that was three weeks ago and there is no change. And it isn't even freezing yet outside, so I fear what is about to come.
So... here I am again, reluctantly back searching for the solution.
Is there any miracle treatment, cream, or supplement that I've missed in the last few months?
What about Gladskin cream? When I googled "rosacea cream" this came up first. On a dutch website, but I found out it is an international product. Does anyone know about it, and does it work?
34 year old female, diagnosed with rosacea nov 2007
Subtype 2 (p&p) with minor flushing (mostly stress/emotion related)
Subtype 4 (occular rosacea) / "meibomian gland dysfunction"
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Re: any new miracle treatments?

Postby fanny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:16 pm

No miracles as yet, I have not heard of gladskin but will investigate! Get back in touch with your dermatologist, hydrate and moisturize and sunscreen.
This stuff is so frustrating...
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby Angy79 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 am

Thanks Fanny! I've been over-using zinc cream which made my skin very dry. Now I am only using jojoba oil. I ordered a bottle of Gladskin, if I try it, I will let you guys know how it works out for me. It contains a protein that claims to kill the staphylococcus aureus bacterium.
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby fanny » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:06 pm

I went to the website and it does sound positive but only attacks the staph bacteria, so if our rosacea is not caused by that it won't do much. I am excited to hear how you get on, fingers crossed!
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby neila » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:49 am

Hi, i suffered from severe rosacea for years.. nothing helped.. now ive been in remission for a year, and this is the first winter without any breakouts (yet) :) i started using silver serum from skinshop.co.uk, and i find it great!! also ive stopped washing my face with water.. i use dr. organic aloe vera wipes in morning and evening, and that seem to help the dryness :) i still wash/scrub my face once a month, but have no need for it really anymore :) Hope that helps.
neila
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Angy79 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi Neila, thanks for the tip.
I've used the Gladskin Rosacea Cream for four days and every day my face got worse. I thought that was a rebound effect from stopping the Oracea but now I am pretty sure it is an allergic reaction to something in the cream. There are very little ingredients in it so it seems weird that I react to it. I emailed the company to ask my money back.
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby fanny » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:47 pm

O well phooey, I had such hopes for the Gladskin cream! I see that you stopped taking oracea, why is that?
onward and upward
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby Angy79 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:23 pm

I got a quick reply to my email and the Gladskin company offered to send me a free bottle of the Gladskin gel, which has less ingredients than the cream. I told them to send it but I am afraid to use it. For now I will stick to cortisone cream for a few days and cicalfate to calm my skin down.
I stopped taking Oracea about two weeks ago, when my skin got bad again in spite of me changing nothing. Maybe it worked for a few months and then stopped working, maybe it hasn't worked at all; my skin is always better during spring and summer. But since the desperation has kicked in again recently, I started taking Oracea again (today).
I freaking hate this disease.
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Seleniumoxide / Sulphur / Zinc cut rosacea with 90%

Postby Anamara » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi!
My first time at the forum. I've been suffering rosacea for about 8 years. I'm 38 now. Over the years I tried just about anything and I paid a few thousand euros on it. (surrender)
About 6 weeks ago I got myself pumped up to search the internet again to find some miracle stories.
Every now and then I go for it and search and read for hours on end.
I read about sulphur, zinc and seleniumoxide.
At my beauty salon I remembered someone saying something about healing rosacea with anti-dandruff shampoo. Then I laughed about it (even though I of course bought one bottle and tried it then. Did nothing at the time).
But....what I didn't know was that the golden ingredient was missing in the bottle I bought then: seleniumoxide.
I read about Selsun, it has 2,5 % seleniumoxide, but I found another (over the counter) shampoo Elvive anti-dandruff with 1% active selenium in it (blue bottle with orange features). I started with the Elvive with 1% (4 euros).
After using it as a face wash for a few days, I thought I was going crazy...with JOY! (yahoo) (yahoo) My skin was getting softer and the pimpels/pustules started to disappear and/or got smaller. OMG! I also bought a piece of natural soap containing 0,5% sulphur (3 euros). In addition, I bought a tube of zincoxide cream (3 euros) to put on a few pustules if necessary before I go to bed. (hug)
THESE ARE MY THREE MUSKETEERS: SELENIUMOXIDE/SULPHUR/ZINCOXIDE!

I haven't felt so good about my skin in over 8 years and my confidence is growing!

Best regards and questions are welcome! (wave)
Anamara from the Netherlands
Anamara
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Miss Piggy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi Anamara,
Just read your post and wondering if you still use those products and if it's still working?
Miss Piggy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Papules & Pustules