Mirvaso Rebound Flushing - What About it?

Use this forum to discuss topical rosacea treatments that are only available on prescription for eg. metrogel, klaron, plexion

Mirvaso Rebound Flushing - What About it?

Postby David Pascoe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:14 am

Now that Mirvaso has been available for a few weeks, preliminary Mirvaso user reports are starting to trickle in.

Much of the online chatter has been around a few users who have experienced rebound flushing from the use of Mirvaso.

What is rebound flushing?

Rebound flushing is a reaction to Mirvaso, after it has worn off, where the flushing and redness is far worse than when the user started using it.

We know from the clinical trial data that some users will have a bad reaction to Mirvaso due to the flushing effects. This seems to be around 10% of users after a year of use.

Anecdotally it seems that online reports are showing more than 10% have rebound flushing. This could be because online users are likely to be those who struggle most with their skincare regime in general because of their reactive and sensitive skin.

Over time we will see whether the online reports match the large Phase 3 clinical reports.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Re: Mirvaso Rebound Flushing - What About it?

Postby mel63 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:11 am

Does Mirvaso help with papules? Do you think after using this topical for a long period of time, your skin build up a tolerance? Some people take antibiotics and after a few yrs they stop helping.
mel63
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby David Pascoe » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:40 am

No Mirvaso is not for the papules or pustules of rosacea, only for the permanently red face of a rosacea sufferer.

One of the trials for Mirvaso was for 1 year and according to the results of that trial, it was well tolerated and worked well after a year's worth of use. That is all we know so far, that those on that trial were happy with how it worked after a year. We don't know how that will pan out when more people use it in the real world though.
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby ivproduz83 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:04 pm

Has anybody heard about ZenMed solutions ?
ivproduz83
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:25 am

There are a few threads around the place - see here for one place ZENMED User Reviews.
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby David Pascoe » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:21 am

Well the theme of Mirvaso Rebound Effects has been boosted by the following article in the D Health Daily.

David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby fanny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:31 pm

I think it is very disappointing to rosacea sufferers that all this money and time has been spent on a temporary cosmetic fix. it is not a treatment (or perish the thought a cure!) but a temporary solution to redness. And now some people using it are suffering with rebound redness, well that just takes the cake.
Take care everyone
fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby cupcake39 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:44 pm

I've been using Mirvaso for a few weeks now and according to the literature, it "lasts up to 12 hours". Unfortunately for me, it doesn't last a full 8 hours for me. For example, I applied Mirvaso at 7:45 this morning. At 1:15, I was red and flushed from having gone out for lunch (living in S. Florida it's still VERY hot this time of year). After about 30 minutes, my face cooled down and by about 4:30 I will have the usual red cheeks, nose, forehead and chin. However, I should point out that I don't think it's worse than my normal redness.
cupcake39
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:56 am

Would you consider it a success for you then cupcake39?
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby cupcake39 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:59 pm

I don't think it's a success for me, so I have my first Vbeam Scheduled in a month. I'm actually going to not use it at all this week to see how it goes. I feel like it might be making me break out more.
cupcake39
I'm new here
I'm new here

Next

Return to Prescription Topicals