Kitchari cleanse will clear up rosacea flare up

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Kitchari cleanse will clear up rosacea flare up

Postby envirojulie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi all! I am a 32 year old female that has been dealing with rosacea flare ups for about 7 years. My flare ups have been becoming more numerous and longer lasting recently. I have tried things like zinc and lysine and b vitamins and maca and metrogel and digestive enzymes and elimination diets and meditation, etc, etc, etc. I recently discovered the ancient Ayurvedic cleanse of Kitchari! I did the first cleanse for 4 days and NO ROSACEA! It does come back, with changes in monthly hormones which is common for me, but I just have to eat Kitchari (only Kitchari) for a day and the acute flare ups clear right up! So do the bags under my eyes and headaches and mental fatigue! It's lovely tasting and easy to make! I highly, highly recommend giving it a shot! If nothing else, your mind, body, digestive system and soul will feel rejuvenated! Here is a simple recipe: 1 cup of white basmati rice, 1/2 cup of shelled mung beans (I use an organic sprouted whole green mung bean without any issue but the yellow split mung beans are supposed to be easier to digest) Boil 3 to 4 cups of water and add beans and rice then simmer on low until half the water is absorbed. While that is simmering heat on medium 3 TBS of Ghee (clarified butter, you can use coconut oil if you are a vegan but I believe the Ghee may be helpful in clearing up the rosacea) Crush 1 tsp each of fennel, caraway and cumin and add to ghee. Add 3 cinnamon sticks, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and 4 inches peeled and grated ginger root to the ghee until all the spices are browned. You can add a cup of veggies (i like carrots and celery or broccoli or cauliflower or kale in mine) to the ghee after the spices have browned as well. Make sure the spices are well browned before you do this though! Add the ghee and browned spices and veggies to the rice and beans when half the water has been absorbed and continue to simmer until all the water is absorbed. This will make 1 day's worth of Kitchari. Drink plenty of water IN BETWEEN, NOT WITH, your meals of kitchari. You will feel a difference in 1 day! I recommend doing this for several days your first time though. I credit this lovely version of Kitchari recipe to Monica B of www.heymonicab.com. She has a wonderful blog about ayurvedic medicine.There are plenty of recipes out there though! Find one that suits you and happy rosacea cleansing! Namaste!
envirojulie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Kitchari cleanse will clear up rosacea flare up

Postby Joe333 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:07 pm

What is your diet like when not eating kitchari?
Thanks
Joe333
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Foods & Diet