How do you know your triggers?

Have you just been diagnosed with rosacea ? This is the forum for you. You can walk out of the doctor's office with a head full of questions and feeling overwhelmed. Well settle in here and see that you head in the right direction to get some good relief from your symptoms.

How do you know your triggers?

Postby filmgirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:41 am

I'm just wondering how do you know your triggers if your face is already red?
filmgirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: How do you know your triggers?

Postby wishingforhelp » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:19 pm

good question! As another newbie, I've been wondering that myself. All of a sudden, wham, and I have rosacea with red measle-like pimples on my checks and tiny whitehead pimples on my forhead, nose, etc. Wall to wall pimples! I've been using the metro cream given to me by my family doctor on June 1st and FINALLY getting into my dermatologist this week. But I have the same issue, I'm already a pimply mess and it was quite sudden, so how do I know what my triggers are? And when you use the term "triggers" do you mean what causes the flushing and redness OR what causes the break-outs? I know heat causes me to flush but that is all I ever had in the past....until now. I eat really, really healthy- a no sugar added diet, nuts, fresh salad every day, no meats, absolutely no junk food for decades......I may be in denial, but I still believe this all happened a week after I dyed my hair with the same semi-permanent hair dye I used for 3 years, but a bit got on my face around my ears and around my upper hair line- this has happened before. THEN I used some salicylic acne toner to combact those small pimples that started around my hairline and wham......red measles all over! I don't disagree that I have rosacea as I always had the red cheeks and never needed blush! It looked "healthy" before but now..........not! I even checked my bed for bugs since these measle pimples come out over night only!! How does that happen?
Diagnosed 6/1/13 (great skin before!!)
Metronidazole 0.75% in the AM
Finacea Gel 15% in the PM
II Papulopustular (mainly papules or pustules & central facial redness)
Shirley
Pennsylvania
wishingforhelp
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby fanny » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi
The trigger thing is confusing. Some people can link their outbreaks of pimples and/or flushing to a specific item, ie alcohol, hot food, tomatoes,wind, heat etc etc. others cannot. That is why this condition is so frustrating to say the least.
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby WAustin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Good one. I don't know, it's mostly unintentionally. But once, I had quite the same situation. I had a red face, but in my case, it was rat allergy. So i just took a medicine and that's it. But still it was terrible to look in the mirror and see red, swollen face.
WAustin
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Just Diagnosed with Rosacea