So sad and know there's no hope

How we view ourselves, including our face is an important part of our overall health. Use this forum to discuss psychological aspects of having rosacea such as depression and anxiety for example.

Re: So sad and know there's no hope

Postby Dane802 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks Spencer my skins looking a lot better now which obviously I'm very grateful for. I probably will go through with the IPL but just wondering retinaldehyde? Is that retin A? Cause I know that it does speed up the skins healing process. I think if the antibiotics what I'm on don't work than I'll ask my derm for Retin A.

Thanks Dane
Dane802
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby spencer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 am

Glad your skin is looking a lot better! Retinaldehyde is much more gentle than Retin A. I think Retin A would be too aggressive. Here's a PubMed article:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10473962

Here's a really informative article on the difference between all the retinoids vs. retinaldehyde. As with any retinoid or retinaldehyde, no matter how "gentle" it claims to be, you still have to proceed with caution. It took me 3-4 months before I could use it twice a day. Initially, I began using it every other day. I find I now flush less, have fewer breakouts and the texture of my skin has improved tenfold.

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments ... ehyde.html
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Dane802 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Thanks I'll check these sites out and as I said I'll talk to my derm.

Dane
Dane802
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby wishingforhelp » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Dane,
I am a newbie to rosacea and just read your posts. I also have to disagree with the person who told you that nothing would improve your acne scars. I worked with some co-workers over the years (women) who had terrible acne scars, I assume from their younger years. They all got in treatment with a dermatologist, though I do not know the types of treatment. I just ran into these gals after many, many moons and they look drop-dead gorgeous! A total 180 from prior to treatment. I know we all are different and have different situations with our rosacea, acne, etc., but I do not doubt that there is a treatment that will improve your skin over time. I guess patience is a virtue when it comes to our skin issues.
Diagnosed 6/1/13 (great skin before!!)
Metronidazole 0.75% in the AM
Finacea Gel 15% in the PM
II Papulopustular (mainly papules or pustules & central facial redness)
Shirley
Pennsylvania
wishingforhelp
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby wishingforhelp » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Dane,
I am a newbie to rosacea and just read your posts. I also have to disagree with the person who told you that nothing would improve your acne scars. I worked with some co-workers over the years (women) who had terrible acne scars, I assume from their younger years. They all got in treatment with a dermatologist, though I do not know the types of treatment. I just ran into these gals after many, many moons and they look drop-dead gorgeous! A total 180 from prior to treatment. I know we all are different and have different situations with our rosacea, acne, etc., but I do not doubt that there is a treatment that will improve your skin over time. I guess patience is a virtue when it comes to our skin issues.
Diagnosed 6/1/13 (great skin before!!)
Metronidazole 0.75% in the AM
Finacea Gel 15% in the PM
II Papulopustular (mainly papules or pustules & central facial redness)
Shirley
Pennsylvania
wishingforhelp
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Dane802 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Just logged onto this, first time in 3 years, cant believe how desperate and over the top my posts were, silly really, anyway different person now which is obviously good.

Cheers
Dane802
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Previous

Return to Psychological Aspects