P&P's... please help

This is the part of rosacea that can be mistaken for acne - those lumps and bumps that look like teenage acne, but are actually rosacea lesions. These symptoms can often be the easiest part of rosacea to treat. Drop in here for more information.

Re: P&P's... please help

Postby susankarami » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:20 pm

I was thinking, the tdk trading co is in India, they wouldn't answer therir phones our time because they are like 12 hrs ahead of us. Our daytime is when htey are sleeping...
susankarami
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby LoisAnne » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:30 pm

That would make sense, but as I recall, there was an address given that was in California, I want to say Oakland. Cannot find the email they sent me at the moment but will keep looking.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby susankarami » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Oh,OK! You are right, the shipping wouldn't be so cheap if it was from India!
susankarami
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby mediomate » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:24 am

I have tried 100 percent pure emu oil. It is sort of expensive but it lasts forever. I put it on my skin eruptions before I go to bed and it stops the itching and takes the pain of them away. In the daytime I use an over the counter product called Prosacea. It definitely helps heal my pustules. I have also had success with a prescription antibiotic called Bactrim. Most dermatologists won't leave you on it for long but it does help clear up skin eruptions.
mediomate
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby ToniMAlander » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:10 pm

I have had notable success in reducing redness as well as P&P by:

- eliminating grains, sugar, and dairy from my diet (focusing heavily on veggies, proteins, and low-sugar fruits like grapefruit and blueberries)
- consuming 1/4 cup of cold-pressed high-lignan flaxseed oil each day (I chase it down with 8 oz. of warm water with 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice mixed in); note that the oil should be kept refrigerated and in a dark bottle, and it should never be heated. You can use it as a salad dressing - there are lots of recipes on the web.
- using Burt's Bees sensitive skin cleanser and moisturizer
- using Neutrogena mineral powder to cover any unevenness or red that remains

Consider reading the book FAT FLUSH - it's really about strengthening and protecting the LIVER so that it can do it's job. When the liver is in poor shape, it can lead to many issues, including skin eruptions.

The more faithful I am to this protocol, the more controlled my rosacea is. Good luck!
ToniMAlander
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby cmh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:53 am

I feel like my list would look like yours! I hate the P&Ps. One thing I don't know if you've tried is Argan Oil Light by Josie Maran. I also have very oily skin (usually) and almost any other oil makes be break out with "regular" acne. I get mine from Sephora. I also am using this chart (https://www.beneficialbotanicals.com/fa ... ating.html) to make sure I'm not putting something on my face that is going to be reactive. I bought some Prosacea the other day also. I'm trying it in very teeny tiny spots at first. I am also watching my diet as some people have suggested. I have been checking off triggers like crazy! I am 56 and have had quite a lot of hot flashes, and I think that may be responsible for my recent flaring of rosacea.

What is the zinc cream you use?
cmh
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby cmh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:04 am

Angy79, I have read some more of your posts and I can really relate to the suffering you're feeling, physically and emotionally. I have been to every dermatologist near me and all of them have made valiant "guesses" at my rosacea and psoriasis. I recently was given a beta blocker and my psoriasis went nuts and even though it'll be 90+ degrees when I go back to work, I will be wearing long pants or skirts to hide my skin.

But, deep down, I know that no one cares as much about my skin as I do--I'm very sensitive to it and feel very, very self-conscious. But one thing I've learned with life-long psoriasis is that it's not a skin problem, it's internal. I need to lower my stress, take care of my diet and try to remember that no one should be standing close enough to me to examine my skin!!

Best wishes and clear skin to you! I hope that all of us can find the Magic Bean that will help.

On a related note, years ago I took an antidepressant and my skin cleared up. This was before I had rosacea, but it really helped my psoriasis. I am hoping for the same effect to kick in any day now!
cmh
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Papules & Pustules