Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur Ointment (ZZ Cream)

Talk about all other non-prescription topicals here - stuff that you don't need a doctor's prescription to use.

Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur Ointment (ZZ Cream)

Postby Gabranth » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 am

In a matter of 1-2 weeks, I will finally receive my wares of which I ordered a couple of days ago.

My facial issues are:

- Redness on nose, cheeks and temples.

- Oily skin (t-zone).

- Blackheads mainly concentrated on nose (nose-flaps).

- Persistent acne on forehead.

- Fairly thick skin on nose and cheeks (a very mild case of "Rhinophyma").

- Flushing (warm-temperatures and certain food additives) and a stinging feeling.

Just like the title states, I will be utilizing the "ZZ Cream", and out of my mere understanding this very cream (by certain rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis-sufferers) has been a great aid to many.

The concept of "Demodex Mites" (Demodex Folliculorum and Demodex Brevis) has sincerely been to me a very conspicuously and attractively luring topic.

I will be posting my progress from day one, going all the way down to the finish-line (exactly like a daily blog). In addition to the "ZZ Cream" I ordered: "Liquid acarid removing face wash".

I am literally stoked, and can barely wait to get started.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur Ointment (ZZ Cream)

Postby davem81 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Good luck to you.

I have also used ZZ cream and found it helpful. For me, as yet, it hasn't proved to be 'THE answer', but it did give me enough improvement to reinforce my belief in the demodex theories.

I look forward to reading about your progress.
davem81
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Gabranth » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:23 pm

"davem81" - Thank you for your kind words. I just received the wares an hour ago... I have my mind set on starting this upcoming Thursday.

Also, feel free to check out my unboxing of the package that I received today, he's a link to the video of which I am referring too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ddOAspm ... ideo_title
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Peacock » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

I might be wrong, but this appears to be a glorified you tube commercial for ZZ Cream. I find it very offensive. For someone newly
diagnosed, this commercial could entice a patient to use the internet to buy a drug that could be unsafe.

*ZZ cream has never published approved medical studies substantiating its advertised benefits
* Verbiage like "Chinese state patent" smell like a rat.
*Ingredients are not fully disclosed. % of Sulfur ?, % of Zinc ?, no indication what Chinese herb they might be using all raise a red flag
*Possible cross contamination in the manufacturing plant ?
*Where and who is the manufacturer ?
*Who is overseeing the production ?

Be careful folks.
Peacock
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Gabranth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:26 am

Peacock - I can ensure you one one thing - I am completely new to this "ZZ Cream", and know as little of it as yourself. I've been struggling with a severe case of Rosacea/Seborrheic Dermatitis for approximately 2.5 years to this date, and I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTIONS WHATSOEVER regarding beguiling someone into thinking that this is THE CURE.

Concise information on the cream: http://www.zosso.us/ http://www.demodexsolutions.com/

You could also contact "Brady Barrows" (who wrote the book "Rosacea 101") - brady@bradybarrows.com

I am just as sceptic towards this treatment as you are, believe me when I say that. Though, I've been through countless sundries of diverse treatments, ranging from: Candela's VBeam Perfecta, and all the way to Salicylic Acid Peels.

I'm not really sure why they left out the two last remaining ingredients, but I think they mentioned

I have made acquaintance with the suffering of this heinous condition (Rosacea)... I'm 18, quit school roughly 6 months ago, my life is literally on the verge of nothingness, apathy consumes you, and all I'm left with is merely a glimpse of hope of a treatment that actually works.

All I'm saying is that: the "ZZ Cream" might be a scam of some sort, but my feedback will be no such thing.

My feedback regarding the good/bad outcome of this treatment will be 100% sincere, as I want to guide others in the right direction.

(By the way, I just removed the video before I was made aware of your message)
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Gabranth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:06 am

Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Gabranth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:47 pm

I just went ahead and applied the ZZ Ointment, and so far all I can say is that it has a stinging/cooling effect on my skin, though it's a wee bit more cooling than stinging (not unpleasant at all). My eyes started to water up the first two minutes, but now (5 minutes later) they are just fine. I applied a very small amount, about 3/4 the size of a regular pea. So far, no irritations, burning or the like...

I will give you guys a daily feedback on my progress, so that means next time will be tomorrow, and the day after that.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 2

Postby Gabranth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:20 am

Application Nr. 2: Last night before bedtime, I went ahead and applied the ZZ Ointment, which as stated before was my first application.
All went well over the night except for a microscopic irritation that ceased after roughly 15 minutes.
When I woke up (today) my skin was in a calm state, and I now plan on proceeding with this treatment for the next 3 months to come.
Half an hour ago, I yet again applied a very light dab of cream on the same areas I do every time
(forehead - acne, temples - redness, cheeks - redness and thickened skin, nose - redness mainly concentrated on nose flaps,
blackheads, thickened skin and slight acne) and my eyes did not water up the slightest.
So far so good, though one peculiar thing persist to strike me, and that is:
the once consistent redness on my nose is starting to divert into small separate patches/spots.
I myself do not see this as a very ominous sign, although I will keep a steady eye on this very matter.

Next post will be in approximately 9 hours from now.

PS: I live in Norway, meaning - 7 hours of time-difference.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Update...

Postby Gabranth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 pm

My skin feels a bit hot and uncomfortable, the redness has increased in some regions (mostly cheeks), medium flaking and some black foreign stuff is coming out of my
nose.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 3

Postby Gabranth » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:48 am

Application Nr. 3

Last night I applied the ZZ Ointment, and my skin has now become: very dry/flaky and not too much irritation going on.

Other than that, I'm planning reducing there application of the ZZ Ointment going from twice a day to once (before I go to bed).

Next post will be tomorrow, somewhere around the same time.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Next

Return to Non Prescription Topicals