Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals from Priori Minerals

News, information and research from the world of rosacea.

Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals from Priori Minerals

Postby David Pascoe » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:36 am

from Daily Mail Online, Femail Beauty:

By CLAIRE COLEMAN

Last updated at 2:07 AM on 11th October 2010

Foundation that can zap acne

U.S. brand Priori maintains that its latest offering, Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals (£39, 0845 555 2121), is not only a foundation, but also 'provides enhanced skin moisturisation' and can 'firm, tighten and brighten skin and rid it of impurities'.

It even claims 'your skin will appear younger each time' you use the product. They put this down to coffeeberry extract, a potent antioxidant found in the company's existing skin care range.

In fact, the brand's founder, Joe Lewis, says these products are so good, he doesn't like to refer to them as cosmetics. 'this is not make-up, this is mineral skin care that doubles as make-up,' he insists.

It's a bullish claim, but he's got the research to back it up. the company recently ran a clinical trial on its products where 21 women between the ages of 25 and 55 used the Coffeeberry concealer, foundation and finishing powder at least once a day. All either had sun-damaged skin or suffered from rosacea.

The results after the seven-week trial were pretty impressive. they showed a 20 per cent decrease in brown pigmentation ( hyperpigmentation), a 23 per cent decrease in red pigmentation (rosacea), a 30 per cent decrease in fine lines/wrinkles, and a 39 per cent decrease in dryness of their skin.

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/beaut ... exist.html

Seems to be available to buy here: CoffeeBerry Perfecting Minerals Perfecting Concealer SPF 25
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Re: Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals from Priori Minerals

Postby Mike T » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:58 am

Pomegranate is another powerful antioxidant whos ability to regenerate the dermis and epidermis via oral use has been proven (a number of studies exist).

Considering some Rosaceans have very sensitive skin, which can react to anything topical, i wonder about the comparitive effects this coffeeberry can have if taken orally.

I am still waiting for someone to conjur a potent, tasty, Rosacea targeted all natural anti-inflammatory cocktail one day for those who would prefer the benifits of oral treatment.

i dont have the time/effort/expertise or equiptment to make regular drinks which are potent enough to provide substantial benifits. Most of the time you need only a certain part of the food (i.e the skin) and it must be at a certain ripeness (usually sub-ripe).
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby mrsp » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 pm

I would love to be able to purchase the coffeeberry by itself to add to my current mineral makeup. This product contains bismuth oxychloride which I and many others react to. Also, I can use very few types of mica on my skin without reacting.

Interesting product nonetheless!

I would like to hear from anyone who experiments with it.
mrsp
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby mrsp » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:56 pm

I wanted to let you all know that I took the plunge and purchased this Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Mineral Makeup, and it love it! I have had zero adverse reaction after 18 days of daily use. I have noticed that my skin appears and feels more hydrated and any transient redness that I sometimes experienced is diminished. I would say most of the time, I appear downright pale.

My only request to Priori would be to expand their line to include more subtle variations in color for different complexions. The yellow tones of the foundation are not a perfect match for my skin color.

Score this a victory, though!
mrsp
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Aurelia » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks for letting us know that you're getting on so well with this make-up. Apart from having a small range of shades, it sounds fabulous. I would buy some immediately had I not bought several compacts of my current mineral last time around. It isn't brilliant, but is reasonably good, and the shade suits me fine, so I shall look forward to trying the Coffeeberry in about a year's time. :)

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Return to Rosacea Research and News