Hope to find some advices here

Have you just been diagnosed with rosacea ? This is the forum for you. You can walk out of the doctor's office with a head full of questions and feeling overwhelmed. Well settle in here and see that you head in the right direction to get some good relief from your symptoms.

Hope to find some advices here

Postby hesperidianblue » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Hello :)
I am first time on forum like this. I hope to find new ways for treating my rosacea and some advices. I have it since 2006. In first I was going to 7 dermatologist till 2 of them agreed that is rosacea other wasn`t shore what is it often they thought it was atopic dermatitis.(I live in Eastern Europe) When I was young I have had regular skin, later in teen age it was normal with t zone, nothing to drastic, some under skin pimples on forehead or jaw. In 2006 when I was 25 years old it started. First just like redness and flushing later like papules and pustules, people who knew me bore were surprised since I always have had clear face. Here is photo of this first times when it was worst since I didnt know what is it and how to treat it
ImageImage
Then one doctor told me to use Avene diaclanel, metronidazole and clindamicin...and it worked for 6 months it was red but pustules were smaller...
Then Dicalanel stooped to work, and later I have realized that some emotional stress I have had makes it worse, if I cry or have some bad going on it really burns my face, in same time I was diagnosed with endometriosis (chocolate cyst on ovaries and have gone laparasopy and some hormonal treatment)
After operation it was still bad hormones didnt influenced much on my face, one day I stooped to local pharmacy (here pharmacist make face creams I don‚t know how it is in Usa) and old woman parametric who worked in store was sorry of me and my face so she gave me her cream, some Wienna old classic face cream receptive, it is oily and rich cream, dont really know what goes in it, it smells like camomile's, and it helped me it almost cured me for some time, she also told me to drinkg vitamins and zinc so I did that for few months.
My face after her cream was red but no papules and redness dont bother me much since sometimes looks like I use to much blush.
I have normal photos not all are with animals just one with people I usually fix in photoshop I am designer and I cant resist not to air brush my photos imperfections on face and this are only one with faults on face I could find saved.
After sometimes pharmacy face cream stop working (after year) and I now used it only when situation get worst to fix problem fast, when I use ti long my skin becomes oily.
Think which helped me most of the times are other Avene creams for redness and skin recovery. While they worked my skin was like this...
ImageImage
Also I am now in happy relationship(ex is gone) and good mood effect face :) so I dont have stress and most of inflammation I get today is because I am hardly resisting scratching my face, during the day I have mind control but I scratch it when I sleep and cant control then :-(

My skin was fine for long time like on photos up till I have gone at the sea side last month, at winter when is cold I have the perfect skin as it is possible when you have rosacea, but sun and heat at summer make it terrible, sun wind, salty water, sun screen contain alcohol (I used nivea) really dried out my skin make it itchy now it is almost a month after my trip and I am still working on fixing it at it was before trip, also I used some pillow for traveling by bus made of synthetic which really worsens my face. I usually cover bumps by hair you can sea that I wear it mustily on face to cover it up. Photo from 3 days ago it is not clearly visible because of flash and night mode, mabye when photos looked including overall face dont look like much problem but close up it is seen more clearly with what I am fighting...
ImageImageImageImageImage
In last time it started on neck too, but it is easy to hide with hair. I almost forget Alverde natural cosmetic from DM drogeriemarket Germany wich is imported to my country, they have some nice and cheap creams, I bought them all because of good price, and one olive cream worked best for me like mcuh more expensive Avene. They dont last long so I can find always one I need to buy.

Thinks I learned for this 6 years.
I learned that covering up is not good idea, I only for special occasion use concealer pan stick from max factor and Deborah, last time I used them at my wedding :) I never use any face powder fluid or compact, when I first got rosacea I tried to cover it up but covering irritated skin more so I made a promise to my self if I ewer get face in order I want put no powder on it and I am keeping it for now I used on it but I must admit it looks much better when I coverd it up, but then for days i have to fix irritations.
Pharben free, fragrance free formulas have calming effect written on package almost always helps as one which include in name for sensitive skin. Uriage and Avene and thermal based water creams helps.

Cold helps, I used to put a little ice on cheeks it provides instant relief.

I am tired of explaining to my friends why I come back white from sea and sit in shadow at the beach or why I dont visit Solarium Tanning Salons :roll: Avoiding sun helps just I don‚t know which sun protection cream to use (thinking)

I didnt notice that food changes have effect.

Maybe we cant fight genetic. I have blood vessels poor genetically my mother and grand mother have cuperose skin, also I have week capilars wich stops me from having massages for cellulite on legs for example so capilars are not only on my face problem, since my skin naturally white when I am not sun kissed I have capilares sowing on legs to. I am wondering does creams with vitamin K for strengthen capliares helps or pure vitamin C (thinking)

I will read trough the forum trying to find someone with similar problem, I have just discovered this place, but any advices and links you may give me I would be thankful :D

Thinks I have tried
Clindamicin, Metronidasol - work but leaves skin dry and I heard that is not good for long period so i don‚t use it any more - dermatological prescription
Diaclanel, Avene - to strong worked well for 6 months dermatological prescription
Avene Rich Skin Recovery Cream - always works on me and helps a lot but leaves skin dry. Mine skin is oily and dehydrated I was on screening with some microscopic camera in local pharmacy, just I think it is noraml with t zone and rosacea on cheeks - my idea are all one which I haven't wrote they are dermatological prescription...
Castor oil - nothing, leaves skin soft
Almond oil - nothing
Saljic melem - cream for burns and scars (only in my country available) nothing
Pork fat washed in 9 waters - it was used like natural cream for dry skin in last century I even give that a try but stink was to much so I stooped
Commercial brands Nivea, Sorya, Afrodita, Green line, Phramasence, Dermamedic, Vichy, Sebamed, Eucerin nothing or iritations
SVR cream for reddens tinted - no effect
some local pharmacy product which I want list because they are only available in my city - nothing but they dont irritate skin
Dr hauschka - still trying heard a lot of good experience with it but for me still not good and irritates, cleansing milk good, hydration cream to oily for me and oil for normalizing skin makes my rough skin so soft but my purples are more redder and rely ichy after it. It doesn't clam my face, but I am still hoping to find something of natural cosmetic that works on me.
Bepanthen - nothing, dermatological prescription
Acidiborici - to strong, dermatological prescription
Alverde, Olive night cream
Alverde other creams I liked Aloe Vera, Jojoba, eye contour cream, White Pearl, Olive day cream and all except one fore mature skin which are aggressive.
Olive oil from bottle for food - not so good idea except for hair nothing happened
Pantenol cream - nothing
Pavloviceva mast - cream for baby's to oily it make me some blackheads
Lonodon cream from local pharmacy - nothing, but it smells great on honey, I use them and Jojoba creams to remove eye make up...
dr. Murad - tried just samples, because he is evilly to expensive I would need half of my pay if wanted to by his packet for rosacea, and it seams a bit aggressive creams at least tinted one I got in samples

Excuse for a very long post it is introduction one and I couldn't make it shorter. In future I will write few lines I promise. (wave)
hesperidianblue
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: Hope to find some advices here

Postby bellableu » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:41 pm

I don't have any advice for you - but I did want to say 'Welcome!' (wave)
Subtypes I, II, IV - mild to moderate

“You do what you do because that’s what the harmony of the universe requires." ~ Ram Dass
bellableu
Moderator Team

Postby Supramom2000 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi there, and welcome!!

I have some friends from Bosnia, and their mother sends them an aloe vera ointment that is home made. It works really nicely to moisturize small areas like under the eyes. I have not really tried it on my red areas, at least not for long periods of time because the ointment doesn't really seem to sink into the sink. So it looks shiny. I suppose you could try it at night, but it would probably rub off on your pillow. But it works great on healing things like cuts, scrapes, burns, scabs from P & P's.

The thing that seems to work the best for everyone regardless of symptoms is raw honey. Wash with raw honey and make raw honey masks every other day. Also, I moisturize only with jojoba oil as that is the oil that is closest to human skin oil. Some people like virgin coconut oil instead, but I don't like it on my skin.

Also, zinc products are really good for your skin. I buy 2 products that are really good and are exactly as you mentioned: no parabens, no fragrances, sensitive skin, etc. They are called Elta MD http://www.eltamd.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=9 and Sun Putty. I just googled to find the best price on both.

Make sure you take a good probiotic as well.

Best of luck.
Supramom2000
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby hesperidianblue » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Thank you on new ideas!
I used some aloe vera based creams for calming...you almost guessed where I am from Serbia, near your Bosnian friend :)
I already tried jojoba oil, but maybe I didn`t use it for enough time, I shall give it chance again.
I have had bad experience with honey, when I was 13 friend told me our grandmothers prescription for pimples, mix of honey and cornmeal flour, and make a paste and put it on face to open pores.
I couldn't calm my face for days after it. Maybe because I am allergic on pollen (thinking) but I eat honey normally. I can give it a try on small part of skin.
About EltaMd I don't have way to buy things on internet :roll: but thank you for trying to find right product.
Also I have bought pure zinc cream named Flugocit in pharmacy store, it containd 1g : zinc oxide 200 mg, fish oil 100 mg. I heard it is good for wounds and thought of putting it on face, but inside on prescription it was written that is to be used for animals wounds, and no meter my pharmacist convincing me that is normal for humans to use it, I couldn't make my self to put it on face :D but I found on this forum that every one use it and shall certainly give it a try. I have used when I was in teen period nivea white baby cream with zinc and it have had miraculous results on me and my best friend concerning small pimples.

I usually spent about 10 $ every month on buying creams for redness calming, some work some don't. But my face react good mostly on new ones, Avene is only one which works good always. This product you advised are affordable and I will need at lest ten days to inform about results after using.

Thank you on fast and detailed answer :D
hesperidianblue
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby hesperidianblue » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:08 pm

bellableu wrote:I don't have any advice for you - but I did want to say 'Welcome!' (wave)

thank you!!! (wave)
hesperidianblue
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Lynne » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:22 am

Let us know how the zinc treatment works. It has helped calm my face down quite a bit too.
Lynne
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby hesperidianblue » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:34 am

I will just it take sometime, at least a week to see reactions to zinc :) and I be back to tell...
and since I didn't have honey in stash I experimented with Propolis in cream and nothing...it even make some places look like mosquito bite, I put it just a very little to avoid reaction...
hesperidianblue
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:29 am

I am here to say "welcome" also! (wave)

We seem to have some similarities, unfortunately, in our skin.

A good baby cream for diaper rash with zinc is what I'd recommend, if that is what your skin liked last time :)
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Aurelia » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi hesperidianblue (wave)

Hesperidian? As in Greek mythology? Of the Isles of the Blessed, where grow the golden apples of immortality? I expect the western seas around the Hesperides are as brilliantly blue as your lovely blouse.

Please keep in mind that we are not doctors and can only offer suggestions and comments based on our own experience and on what we have read over the years. A few observations:

Most rosaceans report that their condition gets worse when under emotional or physical stress. That is reasonable, when so many physical disorders deteriorate in response to stress. Sorry to hear about the endometriosis. I hope the op and hormone treatment have fixed things. Many women find that the key to fixing their rosacea is getting their hormones balanced. You might possibly find some more suggestions on the Hormonal Influence page of our RS Resource Pages:
http://rosacea-research.org/wiki/index. ... _Influence

A lot of people find that one topical after another stops working. If that is a problem, they sometimes make a list of several that work reasonably well and switch between them after a week or several weeks, so the skin never gets totally used to any one product.

One way to prevent yourself from scratching your face in your sleep is to buy some white cotton gloves just to sleep in. (You could perhaps dab on some hand lotion first.)

Could you or your mother make a washable cover for your travel pillow so your face wouldn't be touching that synthetic fabric?

As for getting irritated skin from using make-up to cover spots, redness, etc., I can only get away with mineral powder make-up if I put a good covering of moisturiser, Metrogel, or some kind of light ointment on first to protect my skin. I find that also helps make it easier to wash off the make-up at night.

Please don't put ice directly on your cheeks because it can harm the skin. Alternatives are wrapping ice in a face cloth or flannel and laying that on your skin, or else making small ice cubes and holding them in your mouth against your cheeks so the skin is cooled from the inside out.

I might be wrong but think it is generally agreed that the best thing for strengthening capillaries is a pine bark supplement such as Pycnogenol or Enzogenol.

You are a very beautiful young lady, with good bone structure and fine features. When your rosacea is brought under control and your skin is clear again, you should be just as pretty as before, so please keep hopeful.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Supramom2000 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:21 am

The honey that you will need to use (if you decide to try it again!!) is RAW honey. Not organic, or pure, etc. Just raw. That means it was never heated. Raw honey has very strong healing, anti-inflammatory and anti-biotic features. I wash my face with raw honey 3 times a day. I make sure to deeply scrub my eye lids and lashes as I have bad ocular rosacea symptoms. Also, I put the raw honey on my eyes every night before sleeping and then my eyes don't swell up overnight. I also put some under my eyes and that has helped with the dark circles I usually get. You can also do a mask of raw honey with a bit of distilled or bottled water. Put it all over your face for about 3 hours (no longer) then wash it off with cool water. Do this every other day, not more, and I bet the texture and tone and pimples will improve. Some people use manuka honey, but it costs more. I have great luck with regular raw honey.
Supramom2000
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Next

Return to Just Diagnosed with Rosacea