A smile does so much!

How we view ourselves, including our face is an important part of our overall health. Use this forum to discuss psychological aspects of having rosacea such as depression and anxiety for example.

A smile does so much!

Postby LoisAnne » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:21 am

Something amazing happened today and I wish I had to words to express it right. I know a woman with rosacea who is very active in helping people, especially children, and is the wife of one of my physicians. Today I saw her at a social function and her face was very red and blotchy, broken out as badly as I have ever seen it. She was busy helping, as usual, and when she saw me, she broke into a large grin and gave me a big hug. I thought to myself, "she is beautiful!", and she was. The red face did not matter because the smile and the hug were what was important. I have stayed home when my face was much less broken out than hers, saying that I looked too awful to be seen in public. I have missed public functions, church, parties etc. because I did not want to be seen with my rosacea skin. If she was hesitant to go out in public she did not show it, she just looked happy to see everyone and made everyone feel comfortable. I am hoping that the next time I am tempted to stay home and hide my face, that instead I will put on my best smile and go out looking for people to share it with. :)

LoisAnne
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Re: A smile does so much!

Postby bellableu » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:10 am

What a great post!!! (hug)
Subtypes I, II, IV - mild to moderate

“You do what you do because that’s what the harmony of the universe requires." ~ Ram Dass
bellableu
Moderator Team

Postby Aurelia » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:45 am

Yes, it is a splendid post. (clapping)
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Rubycubes » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:04 pm

This made me smile sooo much!!!

When I go out, all I'm thinking about is how awful (to me) me skin looks......so I over compensate with lots of big smiles and overly chatting to shop keepers etc to make them see more than my skin....I must say, it does help!!!

My hope being is they see my smile and how nice I am as a person, rather than how bad my skin is looking......this post made me think...'yes...they see me as a smiley, kind, lovely girl and probbaly don't give a stuff about my skin'.....so thank you!!! :)

Ruby xx
Rubycubes
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Psychological Aspects