Please take our newbies poll

Have you just been diagnosed with rosacea ? This is the forum for you. You can walk out of the doctor's office with a head full of questions and feeling overwhelmed. Well settle in here and see that you head in the right direction to get some good relief from your symptoms.

how did you find out you have rosacea ?

A doctor told me, and I had no idea
27%
A dermatologist told, me and I no idea
30%
I diagnosed myself using the internet
33%
A friend told me
4%
I saw a advertisement in print or on television
1%
Actually I'm not sure if I have rosacea at all
5%

Total votes : 545

Re: Please take our newbies poll

Postby Mark Trine » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:21 am

I had joined a new firm, and one afternoon my boss came into my office and said "You are a rosacea sufferer aren't you?" I had no idea what rosacea even was. My cheeks were chronically red, and I would have a pustule come up and fade slowly over 4 weeks or so. People in the office just thought I was a heavy drinker. Fortunately my boss was not that ignorant, and had rosacea himself.
Mark Trine
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Cchica28 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:50 pm

I was told I have rosacea but at first the dermatologist didn’t think I did. My symptoms which I would like to know from others if it’s normal is my face gets reddish/purplish on one side only and it’s gets really hot. Sometimes my hot cheeks can happen on both sides but the redness on my left always. She prescribe Mirvaso but so far it’s not working. If any one can give advice I appreciate it greatly.
Cchica28
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby shirleypb » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:05 am

Dermatologis
shirleypb
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby nanaof6 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:46 pm

I was diagnosed last month with "adult acne" which the dermatologist said is rosacea. I "never" had even a pimple as a teen, so I must say this is freaking me out a little! I had several cystic acne bumps come up on my nose. They aren't completely gone yet but I'm on Oracea for 3 months along with Metronidazole gel applied once daily. I haven't had new bumps come up in the past 3 weeks, but last week the outside of my left nostril started hurting and now has turned red and is a little swollen. It's just red and hurts. I know this is probably stuff many of you are or have dealt with. I can't help but be upset with unknown.

I look forward to following this blog and learning what I can do to minimize outbreaks, if anything....
nanaof6
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Shadow_y » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:40 am

The dermatologist told me - I had the suspicious but he confirmed it for me. However, I didn't know how complicated the skincare regime will be and how difficult the life can be with trying to avoid the flarups.
Shadow_y
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Just Diagnosed with Rosacea