Diet Soda

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Diet Soda

Postby Vassargirl » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:23 pm

What about diet soda? i dont really have any sugar in my diet (vegan low carb)--but LOVE diet coke.

any response will be appreciated. than you.
Vassargirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Diet Soda

Postby Lisamouries » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Hmmmm. I'm afraid that type of sugar ain't that good for you either overall. But don't let me put you off as we all need little comforts and if it works for you than why not?
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:53 am

Yes, I don't think artifical sweeteners are good for you, but as long as you're not having liters of it daily, and it doesn't bother your stomach (like it does me), enjoy in moderation. I still sneak a pepsi/coke or piece of chocolate every now and then, even though my skin doesn't like it.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Quiller » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:52 pm

Aspartame is linked to many adverse symptoms, including abdominal issues (e.g. pain).

Rosacea is also linked to abdominal issues, so it's not unreasonable to think that aspartame may affect rosacea in some way.

However, if you don't notice any problems, then don't worry about it. Some people can drink aspartame.

Personally, aspartame gives me stabbing abdominal pains, headaches, and other problems.
KNOWLEDGE = POWER
Quiller
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Richb3 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:46 am

According to wiki Aspartame breaks down into several chemicals in the stomach, including methanol "a toxic chemical which even consuming small amounts leads to blindness" and formaldehyde "exposure to formaldehyde is a significant human health risk" unless your already dead, in which case youll be embalmed with it. Saw a doco about a teenager who was diagnosed with irritable stomach/bowel syndrome and told by a docter hed have to take drugs for the rest of his life. He was a diabetic and went on to diabetics websites and discovered many others had the same problem - from the artificial sweetners they were consuming. He cut them out of his diet and was fine within 6 months. Personally I cant stand the taste of artificial sweetners anyway-theyre so um artificial.
Richb3
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Brunhilda » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:14 am

It is very acidic (you can clean anything with it) and if rosacea is caused by an acidic body it can't be doing you any good.
Brunhilda
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby TysonJones » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Drink water....

Once you kick the soda, all you'll crave is water. plus its ten times better for you. All you gotta have is the will power.
Check out my Blog, where I write many songs, poems, and passages about my struggle with Rosacea and other things in life:
http://passagesofthepsyche.blogspot.com/
http://epicevolutions.blogspot.com/
http://the-darkness-rises.blogspot.com/
TysonJones
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Angelic80s » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:23 pm

I drink alot of diet coke and diet pepsi and when i go long periods without it, it does not seem to affect my skin one way or the other.

All I can say is that SOME diet sodas give me gut pain. But not diet coke and diet pepsi. They have aspartame and acesulfame K in. So I think that it is sucralose and/or saccharin that gives me the gut pain, because when I drink any soda with those in, the next morning I wake up with deep abdominal pain!

But i can drink liters of diet pepsi/coke with no problems :)
Angelic80s
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby sophiapaola » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:14 am

Vassargirl wrote:What about diet soda? i dont really have any sugar in my diet (vegan low carb)--but LOVE diet coke.

any response will be appreciated. than you.

hi,
I have recently quit drinking diet soda because of the sodium and other things that are in it. it is not good for health.
sophiapaola
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby charite_turkula » Tue May 03, 2016 1:39 pm

I love diet pepsi! I've decreased my intake of it significantly the last year or so, & it's improved my general health & overall feeling quite a bit. But to be honest, I didn't notice a difference in my rosacea at all. It's never a bad idea to make the choice of slowly coming off of the bad habit, though. It really is a scary thing that we've all become so accustomed to drinking. :P
charite_turkula
I'm new here
I'm new here

Next

Return to Foods & Diet