Megan Gale Invisible Zinc sunscreen ??

One little nugget of information about treating rosacea is that the protection provided by a sunscreen will help your rosacea recover. Which one should you use ? We have it all right here.

Megan Gale Invisible Zinc sunscreen ??

Postby cherie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:44 am

Hello, I'm still despirately looking for a sunscreen since the Linda Sy Zinco is gone. (Also looking for cleanser and something similiar to the vita-oil.) Anyway, I have been looking on line and came across the Megan Gale invisible zinco (they have tinted as well). Anyone heard of this or tried this brand? There were good reviews on it, but it didn't look like anyone had rosacea. I'm so leary of buying anything and trying it. First because it all seems so expensive and second I'm honestly scared to try anything on my skin. It just seems like it takes forever to get your skin right again once you've put something on that your skin just doesn't like. I'm also thinking about trying the vanicream, seems like a lot of people like this one. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Cherie'
cherie
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: Megan Gale Invisible Zinc sunscreen ??

Postby CrabbyCathy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:06 am

I ordered the Vanicream SPF 30 for sensitive skin, which should arrive in a few days. I did try the Linda Sy Zinco once (didn't like, too heavy and greasy for me), so I remember the texture. I will post back with my comparison.

As to the Megan Gale, I want to try too! But you can only get it in Australia, and I figured I'd try something local first before ordering something from so far away and spending $$$ on shipping. Unless it comes with a koala, that is. Then I'm game. (;)

David and Aurelia, have you tried the Megan Gale sunscreen?
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Lisamouries » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:05 am

Mingtree on the email messages mentioned using a product similar to Zinco for the past two weeks called Sun-Zinc15 from Purified
Skincare (all their products are for very sensitive skin). It has 15% micro zinc just like Zinco but also has w/white tea antioxidants and
barrier function factors.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby Aurelia » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 am

CrabbyCathy wrote:David and Aurelia, have you tried the Megan Gale sunscreen?

Sorry, I haven't tried it.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Well, I got the Vanicream SPF 30 for sensitive skin; it's a bit thick and tacky, and left my skin with a noticeable sheen. Plus, it has much less zinc than the Zinco. Here are the ingredients, in case anyone is interested.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (5%), Zinc Oxide (5%)

Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate/Triethoxycaprylylsilane (Crosspolymer), Methylpropanediol, PEG 12 Dimethicone, PEG 30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Water Purified, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane
Cathy (makeup)
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby cherie » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:08 am

ok, I'm trying the clinique city block, starting to get some pimples, not sure if it is this or something else. If this doesn't work, I'm going to go for the Megan Gale. Anyone tried city block. CrabbyCathy, did you find something else, did you try Megan Gale yet?

Cherie'
cherie
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby David Pascoe » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:23 am

CrabbyCathy wrote:As to the Megan Gale, I want to try too! But you can only get it in Australia, and I figured I'd try something local first before ordering something from so far away and spending $$$ on shipping. Unless it comes with a koala, that is. Then I'm game. (;)

David and Aurelia, have you tried the Megan Gale sunscreen?

I tried it when it was first released and didn't like it at all. It was too thick and greasy - not elegant at all.

The product seems to have gone through several iterations since then, and new products added, so it might be worth another try.

davidp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:47 am

cherie wrote:ok, I'm trying the clinique city block, starting to get some pimples, not sure if it is this or something else. If this doesn't work, I'm going to go for the Megan Gale. Anyone tried city block. CrabbyCathy, did you find something else, did you try Megan Gale yet?

Cherie'

I am going to order Fallene Cotz and see; I also got a sample of a SPF 15 from Remy Laure, from my esthetician, but haven't tried it yet; I want to know the ingredients first, since my skin can't stand chemical sunscreen ingredients.
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Lisamouries » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:35 am

I've tried City block. It's OK as long as I don't use it every day. I have been trying the Eucerin Sensitive Skin Anti-Redness Day Fluid recently which has spf 15 and am feeling quite satisfied with it but I do live in Britain and it's winter so the sun isn't very strong.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:27 pm

Lisamouries wrote:Mingtree on the email messages mentioned using a product similar to Zinco for the past two weeks called Sun-Zinc15 from Purified
Skincare (all their products are for very sensitive skin). It has 15% micro zinc just like Zinco but also has w/white tea antioxidants and
barrier function factors.

Curious about this one, but nervous about the ingredients. http://www.purifiedskincare.com/purified_category16.html

The sunscreens have either 15% or 8% micronized zinc oxide, colloidal oatmeal, and two "complexes"; one is a tea complex, containing *organic white tea/Japanese matcha green tea/green rooibos tea, EGCG 90% standardized green tea extract. The other contains *d-dexpanthenol(B5), niacinamide, hyaluronic acid (in sodium hyaluronate form), plus of course your basic fillers etc. I think it's the B5 and the niacinamide that makes me nervous. I don't want another allergic reaction/flare!

Are you trying the green version of the Eucerin, Lisa?
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Next

Return to Sunscreens