Re-Starting Red Light Therapy

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

Re-Starting Red Light Therapy

Postby JennAdeleK » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:40 am

I've been doing so well with my rosacea lately, that I haven't needed to do any red light therapy for over a month (and this was after about 4 months of consistent red light usage). However, last night, for whatever reason (none of which I can determine, as I wasn't exposed to any known triggers and wasn't stressed), my rosacea got really itchy and stinging (serious neuro symptoms for me). I also started to see puffy pink spots begin to emerge.

So, I had to re-start my red light therapy at 5 minutes per session. And, I'm now back to doing 2 sessions a day, plus any needed spot treatments. *sigh* (redface)

I'm finding that, for me, it's easy to think that a chronic condition will just heal when going through a smooth period. Having to re-start my red light therapy feels like a tough reality check. I am, however, grateful for the availability of quality units and for the responsiveness of my condition towards the red light.

As of this morning, I only have 3 small itchy spots left to heal.

For those thinking about trying red light therapy for their rosacea, here is the unit I use (it's highly effective and in what appears to be the best wavelength for rosacea skin):

https://www.smarterlights.com/The-Pure- ... lt-red.htm
JennAdeleK
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)