Uncontrollable redness

As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.

Re: Uncontrollable redness

Postby ZeroSunGame » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:18 am

End of week 6

This week I tried jojoba oil to remove sunscreen and it worked really well (thanks to Fanny for that idea). So now the plan is to wear sunscreen 2 days a week (on my days off doing errands, because work days I am never in the sun except car-to-building and building-to-car since I got window tint) and remove it with jojoba oil as soon as it begins to get dark, then use cleanser to get the oil off, then later at bedtime wash as usual.

My forehead between my eyebrows is all of a sudden better. It surprised me, I put my fingertips on my forehead for some reason and was suddenly startled to realize it was only skin and bone. I hadn't realized it was always a little swollen. I never realized what I was feeling was swelling, I thought that was how it was supposed to feel, till suddenly a few days ago it wasn't. It's been like this so long I don't know when was the last time it wasn't swollen. I attribute this to the new routine of leaving cleanser on longer, and also I realized that when I used to use it I would apply it to my skin only and go around my eyebrows, and it may be turning out here that applying it everywhere is making a difference, if only I'd known. However, my forehead was not what I set out to improve, what I wanted to improve was my cheeks and they are better, but not nearly there yet (but I will definitely take it and am thrilled). "Not swollen" is my new baseline from now on, I'll always know.

Also my eyelids now are not red in the morning when I first wake up. I could not figure out if it was because of the Claritan or the cleanser routine but I quit taking Claritin for a couple of days and still got the same result so I think it is the cleanser. This was something else I had not set out to improve, but it's like an unexpected gift. They don't stay pale, but I've never seen them pale in the morning or at any time since college (they were red way before my skin ever was) so this is a difference.

My skin tone overall is paler than 6 weeks ago, but when I think it is looking pretty pale and compare it to the inside of my wrist/forearm, it's still red.
ZeroSunGame
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:36 pm

It is heartening to hear that your skin is improving, keep up the good work.
All the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby ZeroSunGame » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Middle of week 8

1) bought stretch headbands at the dollar store to hold back my hair, pastel with sparkly elastic, headbands are better than they were 40 years ago (;)

2) I've been forgetting to do my food diary

3) I finally may have realized something. I always have dark circles under my eyes, and sometimes I get enough sleep but they're still there so I assumed they were allergies, but Claritan or sudafed do not help. What I realized was, my cheeks are slightly swollen all the time, sometimes more than others. I think that's what's causing my undereyes to be kind of hollowed in. It's partly the contrast between where the swollen part meets the not swollen part. The other day for a short while my cheeks were not so swollen and the dark circles were not as noticeable. I can tell how swollen they are at any give time without looking by tipping my head back. If they're really swollen I can feel the lessening of pressure when I tip my head back.

4) remembered my sunscreen for mowing.

5) I've been wondering if flushing from food is totally from ingesting it, or can it partly be a contact allergy touching your lips. It seems like some things make me turn purpley red just by touching the outside of my mouth, and if I eat the same thing more neatly I don't get that reaction.
ZeroSunGame
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi
Nice to keep up with you. Have you had a physical recently, I ask because it sounds to me as if you might be deficient in something (not a doctor and don't play one on TV!).
Take care
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Previous

Return to Red Face