Permanent Redness

As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.

Re: Permanent Redness

Postby Lisamouries » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:43 pm

That's fantastic Kimi Chu. Thank you for the update.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby Mike T » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:49 pm

Thanks heaps for the info.

glad to see you've got this thing by the balls.

All the best.
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby kimichu » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:50 am

Of course!

Haha, and I hope I do, Whyme :P
kimichu
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:27 pm

kimichu wrote:I've been on Finacea for a little over a month now, and it's doing a wonderful job! It's definitely reduced the flushing. I used to flush ALL the time, and at the most random moments. Now, I can't even remember the last time I flushed! Finacea has completely smoothed out my skin and has kept off black heads and whiteheads. As for the redness, it's undoubtedly a lot less red. My cheeks are almost normal looking now. My nose is still pretty pink, but it's definitely less pink than when I first started Finacea. The bridge and upper half of my nose is normal-colored now, though. So, it's just the base of my nose that's still red. So, It's still a work in progress, but it's pretty early into the treatment, so I'm hopeful!

What splendid news!

Yes, please keep us updated, thanks.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby kimichu » Tue May 18, 2010 1:36 am

Hey everyone!
Sorry for the delayed response. I've been extremely busy with school!
So, I've been on Finacea for about 3 months, and man, what a difference it's made!
My dermatologist told to put it on once a day (before bed) everyday, and, naturally, I've missed several days of treatment. Hasn't made much of a difference, though. My redness and flushing has gone down sooooo much.

On another note, I had keratosis pilaris on my arms, chest, back, and neck, which I got under control with Salex a year ago, but recently it has started to come back. I started using Salex cream again, and I noticed my nose had peculiar little bumps all over it and on the sides of it. I started using Salex cream on my nose, and i think that has really gotten rid of a lot of the redness (and the bumps).

Also, I've gotten better with moisturizing. I have both extremely oily skin, and flaky dry skin, but there's not much I can do about the oil. I use a thin layer of vaseline (I know, I know: sounds gross!) 1-2 times a day and my skin is never flaky anymore! It's non-allergenic and non-comedogenic, so I highly recommend using vaseline if you have impossibly dry skin and you can't seem to find moisturizers that work. I always gently pat some off with a tissue, then use an oil blotting sheet to pick up the excess vaseline. It's great to use before putting on foundation; it'll slide on beautifully once your skin is nice and dewy.

Here's a picture of my skin, makeup-less and fresh out of the shower. Remember, my skin used to look like the picture of that woman's skin that I posted in a previous post:

Anyway, I hope everyone is finding success with their rosacea out there!
Good luck to all!
kimichu
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike T » Tue May 18, 2010 8:55 am

Wow!

Your face looks great.. and without makeup, just out of the shower.

Glad you found something works for you.

All the best

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby louie147 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Anyone ever try Dr Nick Lowes Anti Redness cream ?
I've heard it's good but it has menthol in it ?
louie147
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby captain redface » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:50 am

Hi Kimichu,

I'm just wondering is Finacea a prescription or can it be OTC? If it is prescription, is there any Azelaic acid gel that can be purchased OTC. Thanks
captain redface
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby LoisAnne » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:20 am

I can answer the question about Finacea. Yes, it is prescription. I don't know about OTC azelaic acid products but hopefully someone else will help you. I think that Finacea is supposed to be most helpful with the papules that many of us have, not sure how helpful it is with redness.

Welcome to the forum!
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby oldredlady » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:52 am

Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Second LoisAnne, Azaleic acid/Finacea is a prescription topical here in the U.S.. I'm not aware of any non-prescription Finacea alternatives, though I personally like to use a dab of OTC sulfur cream (Clearasil Adult Acne cream with sulfur and resourcinol) on my p&ps, as it helps dry them up more quickly without overirritating.

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

PreviousNext

Return to Red Face