TriDerma MD Facial Redness Repair?

A good moisturizer is an important part of caring for your rosacea skin. The choices are seemingly endless. Stop by here for the latest on rosacea moisturizers.

TriDerma MD Facial Redness Repair?

Postby LoriB » Tue May 20, 2008 1:40 am

Has anyone heard of this moisturizer? I found it by browsing CVS but I think it's new so not any reviews on it yet.
LoriB
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: TriDerma MD Facial Redness Repair?

Postby David Pascoe » Tue May 20, 2008 1:53 am

I can't say I've read much about it. I do have to wonder when I read a statement like "It contains professional strength anti-inflammatory ingredients, vitamins, carefully selected botanicals and proven healing essentials to quickly calm, balance and stabilize the skin." on their website how much faith we should have in it being effective. Time will tell, maybe we'll get to read some user reviews soon.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby jesseleigh » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:48 am

Amazing!!! I just found out about a week ago I have rosacea, have been misdiagnosed with atopic dermatitis for ten years. My doctor wanted me to go without topical steroids before she gave me the meds for rosacea, but I got really stressed out and broke out so badly I had to go to the ER. The doctor there wouldn't believe me and would only give me triamcinolone (a steroid) and tried to give me prednisone (which I refused as it makes my face look like hamburger). Well, I used the triamcinolone, and it made me worse. So I picked this triderma cream up, not having much hope. Within 20 minutes all my bumps were gone, and within an hour I was a normal color again. Wonderful!! (bigkiss)
jesseleigh
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jesseleigh » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:08 pm

Update:
Okay, maybe not as good as I'd thought at first. My face is red and bumpy and rashy once again, although my neck healed up and hardly any pustules. I could handle my face looking like garbage, if not for the area around my mouth. There's a big, clownlike circle around my mouth that is dry and bright red. Can't put makeup on it because it gets flaky and gross. Today is a bad day, it seems worse than ever. I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry.
jesseleigh
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby yoli » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:12 pm

I am so sorry you are going through this but don't feel bad the problem is that steroids makes Rosacea worse until you don't start a treatment for Rosacea is not going to get any better. The same thing happened to me the first time i got this they told me that I had an allergic reaction to a makeup, etc....i took predisone once but then everything came back once I stopped it. Went back to the derm and he gave me steroid for my face for a week it came back after that as well the point is that after going to 3 derm i was prescribed Solodyn and Elidel. I never took Solodyn but I did used Elidel for like a year and half it worked great but that cream is use to treat eczema not Rosacea but I still wasn't diagnosed with Rosacea. It took me about 6 derm and 2 years after to get diagnosed with Rosacea and get started on a treatment. I have been on a treatment since March and i have better days than others but it does get better you just need the right treatment and time. Believe it is hard but we all go through the same, today I am feeling the burning sensation on my forehead but it comes and it goes. Are you in the US?
yoli
Star Member
Star Member

Postby nathan14120 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:03 pm

jesse just out of curiosity what does your diet look like. what do you eat and drink on a daily basis??
nathan14120
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:02 am

Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby moree65 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:27 pm

I tried TriDerma and it worked well for a couple of weeks. Some people seem to have better results. it didn't irritate mys skin at all . It's worth trying. (thinking)
moree65
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby ilsa » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:34 am

I've been using TriDerma daily for the past few weeks and found that applying Preparation H on top
of that on the onset of a break-out helps keep flare-ups down. I clean the affected area (cheeks, nose) with rubbing alcohol
and cotton before applying the Triderma (twice daily). When I feel a break-out (itching, burning), I apply Prep H. I have yet to see what healing effect TriDerma has on the redness (dilated veins), but this is helping curb the inflammation.
ilsa
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:41 am

Whoa! I had to do a double-take on that one. Really? Cream, ointment, or gel? I have heard of Preparation H being used under the eyes (for bags, I'm assuming) by "beauty insiders". Hmmm, these are the active ingredients for the cream version--it does contain a vasoconstrictor, so it does make sense in an odd way.

Active Ingredients: Glycerin USP (14.4%) (Protectant), Phenylephrine HCl USP (0.25%) (Vasoconstrictor), Pramoxine HCl USP (1%) (Local Anesthetic), White Petrolatum USP (15%) (Protectant)

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=95090&catid=102
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Next

Return to Moisturizers