TriDerma MD Facial Redness Repair?

A good moisturizer is an important part of caring for your rosacea skin. The choices are seemingly endless. Stop by here for the latest on rosacea moisturizers.

Re: TriDerma MD Facial Redness Repair?

Postby Lisamouries » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:45 pm

it does contain a vasoconstrictor, so it does make sense in an odd way.

And here I was thinking vasoconstrictors were snakes... Can't find a smiley snake, sorry.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby Aurelia » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:27 am

Lisamouries wrote:And here I was thinking vasoconstrictors were snakes... Can't find a smiley snake, sorry.

Wouldn't it be scary to find a smiley snake, like seeing the smile on a crocodile immediately before he opens his jaws wide and CRUNCHES you up? (shocked)

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby SouthernMoss » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:48 am

ilsa wrote: I clean the affected area (cheeks, nose) with rubbing alcohol
and cotton before applying the Triderma (twice daily).

Rubbing alcohol???? My face would absolutely freak out! Are you sure that's not too harsh for your face?
SouthernMoss
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Tried this (TriDerma Redness Relief) recently but had a bad reaction, (increased redness, dryness and itching, but, then again, I may have overdone it, as I usually do when trying new products, as I applied it generously all over my cheeks and chin, rosacea areas, and left it on overnight), still paying the price 2 days later. :(

I may try it again, though, using a smaller amount and washing off after a few minutes, when my skin returns to its pre-irritated state, unless I decide to try the CeraVe PM lotion or possibly Prosacea instead. :)

Best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby fanny » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Sorry you had a bad reaction, I tend to think if you get a bad reaction then it is not the product for you. Maybe wait a while before you try your new products and please do a patch test first!
Best wishes
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks, Fanny, you're so right, I always jump in with both feet without testing the water first, very, very important for anyone, especially us rosaceans. :)

Best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sun May 01, 2011 12:47 am

Don't feel bad--even us "old-timers" who should know better still sometimes give in to the urge to spread it on! :)
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Sun May 01, 2011 11:48 am

LOL! :) Cathy, thanks again. Extreme dryness is gone for the time being, knock wood, have been applying Bacitracin to dry/flaky areas for the past 2 days and the skin is pretty much back to normal, (well, normal for me anyhow). I also quit (2 days ago) taking the spironolactone (100 mg. daily) I've been taking for cystic chin acne for the past 5 years, as my current dry skin obviously doesn't need a diuretic, (before this my skin was a chronic oil slick and an acne magnet). Hopefuly the cystic acne will stay away, (I can deal with a few small p&ps but not those huge painful under the skin cysts), and I can concentrate on redness/spider veins, my main problems nowadays.

Best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Previous

Return to Moisturizers