Help? Not sure my medicines are helping?

Use this forum to discuss topical rosacea treatments that are only available on prescription for eg. metrogel, klaron, plexion

Help? Not sure my medicines are helping?

Postby hlcox1209 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:53 pm

I was diagnosed last spring after I had some small red bumps on right cheek I could not get rid of. Prescribed doxycycline and AVAR green. AVAR did not work, doxycycline wasn't very effective that I could tell. Fast forward to last month when the flushing became nearly constant and I had had enough of the bumps I get almost constantly. Dermatologist wrote Doxycycline 100mg once a day, metrocream, Sulfur/Sulfacetamide wash once a day, Cerave SA face wash to help with texture. Overall my texture is better but I think it's the face washes versus any medication? I am not sure what I think about the metro cream......I still have some redness, although not as much. On left cheek now I have a cyst type zit and I never get those! How long before I try something other than metro cream? My face is sensitive so not sure about using something like finacea, and of a purge from something like that. Confused because I'm using so many things and I don't truly understand what they are all for, she never explained. A big part of the redness is leftover hyper pigmentation from previous bumps. I guess I thought the metro cream would help that? One month in and I am still getting breakouts, probably more than I was before I started this regimen. Any thoughts? I am frustrated, not knowing if I need to get a second opinion or give it more time.
hlcox1209
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Help? Not sure my medicines are helping?

Postby JennAdeleK » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:58 pm

From what I understand, Metrocream can clog pores... so you might want to ask your doctor about switching over to Metrogel instead. I've been using it for almost 3 weeks now and it is very gentle on my skin (but can be a little drying, although nothing my aloe vera gel can't take care of). I put it on once at night... I wash my face with pure, raw honey twice a day and then use pure aloe vera gel as my moisturizer 4 times per day (AM, AP, PM, and just before bed).

Wishing you all the best!!!
JennAdeleK
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Return to Prescription Topicals