RATIONALE?CONCURENTLY USE Clindamycin gel+metronidazole gel.

Use this forum to discuss topical rosacea treatments that are only available on prescription for eg. metrogel, klaron, plexion

RATIONALE?CONCURENTLY USE Clindamycin gel+metronidazole gel.

Postby hooyen » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:36 am

Hai everyone.

I am new for rosacea. Has been follow up at a skin clinic at singapore for my initial problem which is acne,till after one year i was diagnosed with papulopustular type rosacea.
haha i am actually from a small town at malaysia with no dermatologist can be found at my place. So sad right ><

initially was prescribed with topical clindamycin gel BD for acne, added with oral doxycycline 100mg OD after diagnosis of rosacea.
Just in recent visit, i was added with rozex (metronidazole) 0.75% gel BD.
I remember cleaRLY the doctor instructed me to use clindamycin and metronidazole concurrently BD. Is it possible?
I am having a severe flare up, just after three weeks of this regime, which i suspect is because of over dryness.

SO, IS IT POSSIBLE/ RATIONALE TO USE BOTH CLINDAMYCIN AND METRONIDAZOLE GEL CONCURRENTLY? ANY ADVICE HERE PLEASE...

MEDICAL HISTORY: have been dealing with face problem for past six years. Was previously diagnosed with acne vulgaris. tried a lot both oral and topical medications including isotretinoin which was a horror experience for me. (had burnt skin adverse drug effect). So till after that bean through remission and relapse.

again nice to meet friends here. i feel rosacea is very uncommon in my place, so far no friends around me facing this.
like i am the only red angry bird living here wahaha..
hooyen
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Prescription Topicals