Positive results from Soolantra

Use this forum to discuss topical rosacea treatments that are only available on prescription for eg. metrogel, klaron, plexion

Positive results from Soolantra

Postby dianeb » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Just joined so I can share my good news--
Here's a quick background: I'm 46 and have been treating various types of acne/skin issues since my teens. Cystic acne in my teen years then developed into "adult female acne" (always loved that name) and Rosacea for about the last 5 years. I have mostly redness on my nose and breakouts on my chin. Warm weather makes it worse-- I have been using Finacea topically with oral Oracea most recently.

Last week dermo gave me a sample of Soolantra and so far I have had great results! Reduced redness on my nose and chin, and hardly any breakouts. I know it's just a week...but it is encouraging. No side effects at all either.

According to my insurance one tube at pharmacy will be around $235. I am fortunate to have a mail-away option with my insurance that will reduce the price greatly if I choose that option for a 3 month supply.

Ask your doctor for a sample! Good luck!
dianeb
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Positive results from Soolantra

Postby mediomate » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:52 pm

I started using soolantra 4 months ago and my rosacea has improved greatly. Unfortunately, I also underwent blue light treatment at the same time so I don't know if soolantra is responsible for my improvement or if it was due to the blue light treatment. The one downside to soolantra is that it is expensive and my insurance won't cover it.
mediomate
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby braders » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:12 pm

I would like to add a little to the post. I am 47 and have been on the soolantra ( Ivermectin ) cream for about 3 weeks and like yourself, it has worked with no fresh break outs. I am sorry I can not elaborate on my condition as I have to go out now. If you have not tried it, give it a go.

Neil.
braders
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby SXFlames » Mon May 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Hello - my doctor just prescribed Ivermectin Cream 1%, it is called Rosiver in Canada. I have only been using it 4 days but the redness and dryness of my skin seems worse? Is this a kind of drug, where it has to get worse before it gets better? Just wondering if I should speak to my doctor/pharmacist or keep going for a while longer. I was also wondering what recommendations anyone has for a good moisturizer? My skin is so flaky right now, I can't use any cosmetics because it just makes the flakiness more noticeable. Thank you.
SXFlames
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Positive results from Rosiver

Postby scentfree » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:26 am

I have been using Rosiver for 5 weeks now, with steady improvements to my cheeks and nose. When I apply it my face is red but calms down after a bit. I have found that the best price for it is at Costco. I have not had any major flair ups either, since I have taken out tomatoes out of my diet. Fresh, canned, ketchup etc., this really sucks, but ooohhhh so worth it LOL
scentfree
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby powerboy69au » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:20 am

I have been on Ivermectin (Soolantra) for about 3 months now. For the first week or so my skin became very unhappy but after lots of encouragement from my dermatologist I persisted. I am quite happy with the results (apart from the first week). I have far less lumps and bumps. It does cost me around $55 Aussie for each tube but that lasts about 1 month. The good news is I have stopped all other creams because this one seems to be keeping the worse symptoms at bay for me. Through all my years of different lotions, potions, and tablets this one seems to be the best so far (it hasn't got rid of all my signs and symptoms but not sure if anything ever will). My dermatologist is happy with the results so far and will head back for some laser treatment soon to try and zap away some residual redness and broken capillaries. If you haven't tried Ivermectin yet I would suggest discussing this option with your Derm.
powerboy69au
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Prescription Topicals