My experience with Promiseb

Use this forum to discuss topical rosacea treatments that are only available on prescription for eg. metrogel, klaron, plexion

Re: My experience with Promiseb

Postby kidz88@juno.com » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:25 pm

I was given Metrogel 1% for my rosace and Promiseb for my dermitias...the metrofel ( very exspenive) did nothing for it but the promiseb did a great job...go figure ?? My dr. gave me coupons for both.

Wonder why the metro gel for roasce didnt work but Promiseb did ?
does anyone know why a person would just "suddenly" get rosace and dermitias ? I have never had either and I am 57 yrs. old.

Just wondering if kenelog would work too.
kidz88@juno.com
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:17 am

Hmmm! Usually rosacea shows up at 30 (or younger). That's really interesting.

How long did you use the Metrogel? It can take @ 6-8 weeks to "work", but may show results sooner. What type of rosacea do you have? Redness, or papules and pustules? It also won't work for everyone, so you have to slowly go through rx creams/gels and find what works for you.

Do you mean you have dermatitis? That's just an allergic reaction of sorts, and what was diagnosed as rosacea could have just been that. I would personally go for a second opinion, now that your skin has calmed down.

Promiseb is for seborrheic dermatitis...were you flaky?
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby steve1949 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:39 am

I am 61 and have suffered with seb derm for 30 years. Used prescription 1.0 % hydrocortisone cream starting in 1981 and then the 0.5% cream when it became non-prescription. I started Desonide lotion when it first became available and used it until July 2011, when I reluctantly started Promiseb. Nothing but the hydrocortisones had worked in the past, so I wasn't too optimistic.

The results have been incredible, no flaking, redness, itching and skin tone and color is normal after 30 years. I use it once daily on my face and a prescription tube has lasted 3 months. They say 2 applications per day, but since mid september I am only applying once per day. I spread Promiseb on thinly as this has been working for me.

I recommend this 100%.

Steve
steve1949
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:48 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. Great to hear that it works for you and that you have been able to come off topical steroids as a result !

win and win I'd say :)

dp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Previous

Return to Prescription Topicals