Mirvaso in the UK - what will it be called?

News, information and research from the world of rosacea.

Mirvaso in the UK - what will it be called?

Postby David Pascoe » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Mirvaso is on they way to being approved in the UK. When it does get released, what will it be called?

Galderma owns a lot of trademarks. Here are a few sample UK trademarks owned by Galderma that could be considered for their UK launch.

Of course they may to stick with Mirvaso as well. In the past Galderma has tended to launch in the EU and UK with a different name to the US.

We have seen Oracea launched as Efracea for example.

• APRECIN
  • ASORD
  • BECADIOL
  • CURANIL
  • CYCAVIN
  • DLYTRA
  • EFFEZEL
  • ERUBATIN
  • ESTEEMAX
  • FASKER
  • IMPAKEN
  • LYTRA
  • LYTRAZAC
  • LYTRAZINE
  • PALYTRA
  • PRESTEME
  • REVEERIL
  • ROSAVATE
  • ROSAVAZ
  • ROSORAL
  • RUBAZIL
  • SANSROSA
  • STREXOR
  • TACTUO
  • UNORTHODOXY
  • VELISMEX
  • VERDIOL
  • ZEDARA
  • ZILROS
  • ZYCLINIL
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Re: Mirvaso in the UK - what will it be called?

Postby th_ » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:31 pm

HI DAVID thanks for the info,i would like to ask how fast u think it will be available in europe in generall,i live in greece does europe got something like the FDA in usa that accepts the product in whole europe??or its only in england
th_
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:07 am

I don't think anyone knows for sure when Mirvaso will be available in the EU, as the approval process needs to wait for all the relevant submissions to be completed and the statutory bodies to come to their decision.

I'm not exactly sure how closely related to the rest of EU is to UK approval. There is obviously some close relationship between the EU approval bodies. Certainly the UK is Galderma's next biggest market after the US and their applications are in the advanced stages.

Is Oracea, Metrogel 1% or Finacea already available in Greece for eg?
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby th_ » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:31 am

xmmm,not sure if those 3 are avaialable in greece cause i got the type 1 rosacea,got no papules or pastules only some redness and flushing,but i certainly bought some galderma here in greece such as skin moisturizers and stuff,i dont know about the trademark finacea but i know we got a 20% azelaic acid and metronidazole but are other brandnames i think not from galderma,i am not sure but europian eunion has something alike fda in usa which approves a drug for distrubution in europe and then the company decided which country will distribute the product first ,thats why i asked ,i even e-mailed the galderma in greece but then didnt answred hope they get it in greece and get it fast
th_
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 pm

So I guess we now know - Mirvaso will be called Mirvaso in the UK and across the EU in general !
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Return to Rosacea Research and News