Pyratine-6 Avail Feb 9th - Claims 60% Redness Reduction

News, information and research from the world of rosacea.

Re: Pyratine-6 Avail Feb 9th - Claims 60% Redness Reduction

Postby Artist » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:52 am

Hi gang: I ordered Pyratine-6 Lotion. I'm reading the ingredients and am worried because it contains Chamomile. I react with hives pretty easily, and I think Chamomile has been an issue in the past. I'll still try a small test spot it in hopes the concentration is low enough not to be an issue.

I have the lotion version. Here are the ingredients:

Active ingredient: Furfuryl Tetrahydropyranyladenine
Water, Glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, stearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexyl hydroxystearate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, n-butylparaben, ethylparaben, n-propylparaben, iso-butylparaben, dimethicone, sodium benzoate, carbomer, glycine soja (soybean) sterols, triethanolamine, panthenol, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, tocopheryl acetate, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomilla recutita flower extract, royal jelly extract, ascorbic acid.

Does anyone have the ingredient list for the cream version? Is it much different? Does it have Chamomile?

Cheers!

Artist
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby Aurelia » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:46 am

Hi Artist,

Good luck with the spot-testing.

As you say, even if we're sensitive to one ingredient, it might be possible to use it and still get good results if the concentration is very low. The same sometimes applies if that ingredient is in some way "neutralised" or buffered by other ingredients in the blend.

It will be interesting to hear how you get on.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby David Pascoe » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:10 am

wow, it is available already ? great to hear. Hope it works out for you Artist - you are again blazing a trail for us - thanks so much !
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby Artist » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:46 pm

Update! This is day four and so far no problems at all. I like it a lot, actually. I've been using it for four or five days and it's great so far. My skin feels more hydrated and looks supple. The lotion is calming to my skin. I almost always experience irritation with any OTC cream or lotion. This one hasn't caused any irritation at all, despite having aloe, chamomile, and parabens (they usually cause irritation for me). On the contrary, it's very soothing (touch wood!) I really hope I can continue using it. Love it so far!

I found physician's offices that sell it through the pyratine-6 website: http://www.pyratine-6.com/index.php?c=3 ... _Physician

Here are some places I know of that sell it:
-Seattle, WA - Cosmedic: 206-622-6444
-California - Don't know the name of the place..: 949-640-0531

I posted this as a reply to someone on another thread, so will paste it here, too:
The cytokinin does several things. For us, it increases collagen. Collagen supports our capillaries, helping them to be more stable. The cytokinin also increases the life of the skin cell. It increases water retention in the skin. It just helps our thin skin become thicker and healthier, and supports the capillaries. So, you see improvements in redness, skin texture and appearance, and sensitivity. A study using Pyratine-6 for rosacea is underway right now, from what I remember. Preliminary results were good, with 67% decrease in redness at 12 weeks.

http://www.pyratine-6.com/index.php?c=3 ... al_Results

Cheers! Artist
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby QuadCore » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:02 am

Wow, thanks Artist! Maybe it's time to do some experimenting of my own, now that you've blazed the trail :D
- Steve
QuadCore
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Artist » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:05 am

I just hope my face doesn't start blazing.. ha ha ha... :P
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby lesley » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:01 pm

Hi Artist just wanted to know how you are getting on with Pyratine-6, it sounds great. (yahoo)
lesley
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby dallascowgirl » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm not Artist, but I've been using the lotion for 1 month now and really like it. My skin has no reaction to it at all and I believe it is the best thing I've ever used. I'm trying to keep my enthusiasm on hold as, sometimes I find something and love it and then I have a reaction to it. But I'm loving this!!!! I will say all my p & p are gone and my redness has been reduced by 75 %. I got mine from 1- 877-skinfo4, Dr. Amy Taub's site, within 4 days of ordering it. I paid $130 US and no shipping charges. Dr. Taub is outside of Chicago, IL. and is with Northwestern University Derm Department. Very pricey, but if it is effective, I'm willing to pay the big bucks for it. I think this tube will last several months and I use a dime size twice a day, as directed. I do not take any anti biotic or use any topical. Maybe if you are using a topical you might only use it once a day. I'm not sure of the procedure for that. Maybe someone else knows. It's on trial in California and being used, I believe, for acne Rosacea. There is also a cream available.
dallascowgirl
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Artist » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi Lesley: I'm still using it and really liking it. No drawbacks so far. I'm using it twice a day now. I notice it calms my skin immediately after applying. So far my skin loves it. The lotion hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts. I went ahead and ordered the cream to see if it might moisturize a bit better. The lotion is very light, and I could use more moisture. I just got the cream yesterday and it feels good on. It is more moisturizing. I'll have to see how I do with the cream now for a few weeks. I'm thinking I'll like them both and just alternate when my skin needs more or less moisture. Great stuff! I definitely recommend it. I wonder if there will be samples available in the future..

Cheers!

Artist
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby dallascowgirl » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm thinking the same thing, about ordering the cream and alternating between the the lotion and cream. I get a little dry around my mouth some days. But gosh darn and shut my mouth, as we say in Texas, so far I'm loving it !!!!!
dallascowgirl
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rosacea Research and News