Banish Rosacea Review (now Eliminate Rosacea) Booklet

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Re: "Banish Rosacea" Booklet

Postby Aurelia » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:36 am

Hi pals,

This thread has got a little out of control and is being used more as a newbie introductory thread.

To make it easier for people to follow the different lines of enquiry, I have split off some of the last posts and given them new titles:

Roxanne - Desonide and steroid rebound - in Prescription Topicals
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1241

Nathan - hydrocerin moisturizing cream in Prescription Topicals
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1243

Nathan - Flare-ups after not eating or when tired? in Foods & Diet
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1242

I hope everyone is happy with that, and in future this thread can be kept solely for talk about the "Banish Rosacea" booklet.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Lisamouries » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Aurelia. Great executive decision. You've got my seal of approval!
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:40 am

That's great! Topics sometimes wander, which is good, but can be confusing.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Lisabette » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:02 am

Sorry to have not checked back in so long....

Thanks Jazz for the Wella product reference, I'll have to check that out. I like it when people mention products, I didn't find going to the dermatologist that helpful. It's been more helpful to experiment and talk to people who actually deal with it. If I mention products, it's only to be helpful to someone else, I was 40 before I found products that worked for me. (I'm a graphic designer, I definitely don't profit from it)

And I agree with you about the website for the book, I was a little put off also.

To report back on the triderma, it was helpful. I didn't keep using it, I missed the feel of my usual products. I did remember though, that in summer my skin was better, so I started using my sunscreen again, and I think that has been helping a lot. It has zinc in it, so maybe that's why (same stuff in diaper rash lotion, right?)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I need to browse the other threads to see what's worked for other people and what their triggers are. So far cold weather and stress are my #1. I sat at a baseball game last night, my skin had been looking and acting good for weeks, but I froze my butt off for 2 hours and came back all flushed and had pimples/postules erupting.
Lisabette
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Lisabette » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:03 am

I am so sorry to ramble... I didn't see those last posts before I went back to check what I wrote. Last time here I swear!!
Lisabette
I'm new here
I'm new here

Banish Rosacea (now Eliminate Rosacea) Booklet (2)

Postby David Pascoe » Wed May 06, 2009 4:17 am

Starting a new thread here because I think people are still quite interested in discussing this booklet.

If you are new to rosacea and arrived here because you are searching for more information about the Banish Rosacea booklet, feel free to post your thoughts below.

Other bits for new sufferers, hopefully this will be interesting ;
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Re: Banish Rosacea Booklet (2)

Postby paleo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:48 am

I think there may be something to this.

Personally, I have tried to control my Rosacea over the last few years by modifying my diet to reduce inflamation. Through experimentation I ended up cutting out grains and dairy, and now eat lots of meat and fish, as well as vegetables and fruit. This is based on the "paleolithic diet" idea - try and avoid modern foods, eat foods our hunter-gather ancestors would have eaten 10,000 years ago before agriculture was invented.

Now the thing about meat - it's a great source of zinc, and it is very high in protein / amino acids such as lysine.

So maybe my skin has improved because I'm getting lots of zinc and lysine from meat and fish?

(I also think the omega3s help a lot).
paleo
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:05 am

Hi all.

I would like to reiterate that everything you need to know about the booklet is posted here, on this specific page:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=654&start=70

No one seems to believe me (rofl) and constantly asks for a copy of the booklet to be e-mailed to them--it's all here, I promise! I worked hard to cull out the chatter and fluff, try to post the best advice from the booklet while also avoiding legal problems by quoting too much.
Cathy (makeup)
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby musiclover3 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Has anyone found a specific thing in the book that helps them a lot?
I found that burdock root and lysine help me but just a little, there was no huge improvement and certainly no miracle
musiclover3
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:13 am

musiclover3 wrote:Has anyone found a specific thing in the book that helps them a lot?
I found that burdock root and lysine help me but just a little, there was no huge improvement and certainly no miracle

I think someone found that a larger dose of lysine helped them; I found that avoiding some of the foods (not ALL or I'd be existing on air and water) helped, but I found that out on my own anyway. The booklet is not a miracle, by far.
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies