Banish Rosacea Review (now Eliminate Rosacea) Booklet

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Re: Banish Rosacea (now Eliminate Rosacea) Booklet (2)

Postby David Pascoe » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:06 am

For those interested in the phenomenon of rosacea cure ebooks, I have written a comprehensive review of what is out there:

Hope you find it useful.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi David,

This is great info., thanks for sharing it. :)

While I certainly share your skepticism regarding so called "cures" for rosacea, (especially the 'change one thing and be rosacea free variety,' we all know it's more complex than that), I have to wonder what you think of 'Autoimmune The Cause and Cure (Nature Had it First),' the pancreatic enzymes book? The reason I ask is because there is a history of pancreatic cancer in my family and so I'm naturally concerned, plus wondering if there could be a possible connection between pancreatic problems and skin issues.

What are your thoughts on this? I'd really like to get the opinon of one in the know. :)

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby David Pascoe » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:29 am

There is no research that I am aware of that confirms a link pancreatic problems and rosacea.

I guess it is possible that for those that have some kind of intestinal component to their rosacea, that the pancreas plays some part in that equation. Even any link between say small intestinal bacterial overgrowth and rosacea is tenuous, and adding in the role of the pancreas only makes any link much harder to prove I would say.

So I don't think there is much to show that there is a strong causative link between pancreas function and rosacea.

Eating healthily and not stressing your pancreas with surges in insulin requirements i.e. lots of vegetables and whole foods etc. can only be good for the health of your whole body. A good diet helping your skin, especially if one currently has a bad diet, well, that isn't going to surprise anyone I would have thought.

all the best,
dp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:57 pm

David, thanks, that makes good sense to me. :)

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby DonkeyLady » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm a recent Rosacea sufferer (about a year now), and I have done a lot of research since I developed this disease, or whatever you want to call it. Since I'm new to the blog, I just want to share a few things, associated with what I have read here.

First, thanks to all of you for your honest and informative comments. Everything is very helpful.

I'm bound and determined to find all the natural support I can. I'm not really very interested in medical treatments, since I don't see anyone who is being cured by them. Yes, I'm looking for a "cure". Yes, I realize that may very well not happen, but I'm not giving up hope! I also realize I have not had this long enough to feel as desperate as those of you who have had it a very long time, and it's obvious that some of you have all but given up. I understand, and I'm VERY sympathetic. But, for me, I want to do all I can, and I just had a few comments to share.

I noticed that in this blog some of you are leaning towards not eating animal protein, so I wanted to share my experiences, to date. (not the whole story, I promise). My Rosacea actually appeared last year after having read The China Study, and becoming a vegetarian. My husband and I have not eaten any animal protein for a year. He lost weight and is feeling VERY good. He is 64 and I'm 57. However, I because bloated and was not losing weight. I have felt pretty good, but my Rosacea began when I stopped eating meat.

I read a lot, and have recently read two books on Rosacea which were sort of helpful, but not what I was looking for. Then I saw this book "Autoimmune, The Cause and The Cure" and read it. It was very good, and made a lot of sense. Basically about B-12 deficiency, and why it occurs. Being a vegetarian, it was easy to understand that I may have become B-12 deficient, but I didn't really want to start eating meat again. But, this book was just scratching the surface for me. (I'm skipping a lot of the detail there as to not bore everyone) This book opened up a lot of areas of study for me, and after much more reading, I ordered and read The Body Ecology Diet. This one really hit home with me. It brought together many ideas of how to eat that I have been dancing around for the past few years, trying to improve our overall health. It was actually the appearance of this Rosacea that lead me to further reading and study. Then, in this book she mentioned the Blood Type Diet, and recommended reading about it, so I did. I read "Eat Right 4 Your Type". I had read a little about this blood type diet before, but didn't really give it much credit. This time it really made sense, especially since I'm a Type O and my husband isn't, which is why we don't do well eating the same way. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT and blood type seems to have a lot to do with it, about 80% in fact.

So, I'm doing this Body Ecology Diet, and it's really working for me. I eat meat now, but I eat it the right now. We are almost 100% organic eaters, and the meat I eat is strictly grass fed, no grain, no hormones, etc. Meat must be eaten correctly, but I wanted to make this point before someone else makes the mistake I made by stopping it altogether, especially if it's not working for you. If you are a Type O, it's not likely you will do well as a vegetarian, and you may find your Rosacea gets worse. According to the Blood Type diet, Type A's would do very well as vegetarians. I'm not one.

Hope this is helpful to someone. I'm offering my experience, both as a means to help some of you, and also to illicit response. I look forward to hearing your comments. And yes, my Rosacea is MUCH better....not gone. I barely blush now, and I have NO breakouts since I started this program. It is very strict. I follow it to the letter, as best I can. I read both books TWICE. I have only been doing this for 2 months, so I can't really say how the long term benefits will be, but I do know that becoming a vegetarian was not the answer for me.

Sincerely,
The Donkey Lady
DonkeyLady
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Banish Rosacea Review (now Eliminate Rosacea) Booklet

Postby ipfreely » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:20 am

I wanted to update this thread since I do have one positive thing to report. I met an interesting guy named David through here who told me about mustard powder. Mixing mustard powder in a small amount of water has made a huge difference in controlling the flaking. I'm assuming it has to do with the mites and the mustard powder is very effective at controlling it. Of all the things I've tried, the mustard powder has made the biggest difference in stabilizing the mess. I got a couple years of fairly stable out of it before my recent onset of rhinophyma. FML. (Just wanted to add this for future seekers to this thread.) Its been a couple years since I've posted but I'm back seeking info on Rhinophyma now. Rosacea is a gift that keeps on giving apparently. The tip of my nose is now growing in three different spots that are good sized areas. It's madness.
ipfreely
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Previous

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies