Rosacea-free for over 10 years!

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Rosacea-free for over 10 years!

Postby MLK » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:37 am

I was diagnosed with rosacea by a dermatologist back in 2003 after several years of suffering with the facial redness, pustules, and overall embarrassment associated with this condition. Before being “officially” diagnosed, I assumed that I had rosacea based on all the info I gathered on the subject. I tried numerous natural remedies and treatments, all to no avail. I figure that since the skin is the largest organ in our body it is effected more by what goes on inside our bodies than external factors. So, I tried liver cleanses, cutting out sugar, coffee, acidic foods, alcohol, etc. There would be some improvement, but minimal. Then I thought it must be something external: I tried going without makeup, stopped using hairspray, changed my moisturizer to something non-irritating, non-comedogenic. I was determined that my skin condition could be cured naturally. I have a close relative who is a homeopath and she prescribed a treatment, but again nothing! After several years it just kept getting worse. That’s when I finally went to the dermatologist. Of course, she prescribed a topical gel (can’t remember the name now). It helped a bit, but the condition persisted.

At the end of 2003 I was assigned to work overseas in an “underdeveloped” country. Within just one month of being here my skin condition began to clear up and within 6 months my rosacea was GONE! I have lived here for 11 years, and my skin is free and clear of any signs of rosacea. I had one flare-up a couple years after I moved here and it happened when I visited a “developed” country on vacation. As soon as I came back to my assignment, it went away and it has never returned . . . even now when I go “home” on vacation. I honestly can’t figure why it went away. I can eat everything from the typical “western” diet: sugar, coffee, wheat, dairy, junk food (chips, pop, candy, chocolate). I can also eat spicy food, drink alcohol, I can go out in the cold or heat, and I have absolutely no flare ups.

My conclusion is that there is something in the “western” diet that caused my rosacea. Maybe it’s the pesticides in the fruits and vegetables? Maybe the loads of antibiotics and hormones in the meat and dairy? Although these things are used here, it is very little when compared to what's used in the west. Has anyone tried going completely organic? (something I hadn’t thought of trying back then). I’m sorry I can’t offer some specific information about what helped me, but I know how frustrating it is to live with this condition and I just wanted to share my experience in the hopes that it might help some of you out there.

All the best to all of you! :)
MLK
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies