Non antibiotic treatments for ocular rosacea

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Non antibiotic treatments for ocular rosacea

Postby reneegavin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Hello everyone,

My ocular rosacea has really been flaring up lately. It is mainly when I am in malls, grocery stores, outside in the cold, god forbid I step into a bar, etc.... I am not sure if it's something with the lights in these places, or something in the air, but my eyes are blazing red after only 5 minutes. I have tried warm compresses and lid scrubs with baby shampoo. I've also tried various dry eye drops (systane, refresh, OTC patanol), fish and flax oil. No relief. I recently gave in and started Rosacea, but I can't seem to take it for more than 3 days without developing severe stomach cramps. Has anyone found something that truly works? I am starting a job in a pharmacy soon, and I hate to go to work looking like I am stoned!
reneegavin
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: Non antibiotic treatments for ocular rosacea

Postby LoisAnne » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:07 am

When you state that you started taking Rosacea, do you mean Oracea, the low dose of doxycycline? I know that doxycycline can upset the stomach. I switched to minocycline and it did not upset my stomach and worked quite well for my papules. I am not familiar with ocular rosacea but if Oracea helps with it then minocycline should also help. Maybe an eye doctor would be helpful with this. (you may have already seen one). I hope others can be more helpful for you.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby fanny » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:08 pm

I agree with LoisAnne (as always!), experiment with different antibiotics to find one that will not affect your stomach so badly. I know usually when antibiotics are prescribed the recommendation is to take without food, however many doctors advise eating something to avoid the stomach discomfort.
Best wishes
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby LoisAnne » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:04 am

(hug2) Thanks, Fanny….I appreciate your confidence in me!

LoisAnne
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies