Aloe vera

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Aloe vera

Postby Brenz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:00 pm

I've been dabbing half of my red forehead with aloe vera and the other half with Epsom salts. Both have reduced the redness but I feel the aloe vera is the more effective. Of course, there is no way of knowing if either have really been of help or if the redness would have faded on its own. I've also been using aloe vera on the red patches along my jawline and chin and up my cheeks as well as dabbing it very carefully on my eyelids and up to my eyebrows which have been very red. This aloe vera is the sap straight from the plant. I tried this because years ago I splashed my face with oven cleaner which, naturally, burnt my skin, nothing worked to ease the pain of it until I applied aloe vera sap and, hey presto, almost instant relief and the burns healed quickly and without scarring.
Brenz
Brenz
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: Aloe vera

Postby batgrrly » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Yes, make sure the Aloe gel does not have alcohol in it.If you can get a juice or gel that has no alcohol (yes) in it it is best.
batgrrly
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Aloe vera

Postby Brenz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:46 am

batgrrly wrote:Yes, make sure the Aloe gel does not have alcohol in it.If you can get a juice or gel that has no alcohol (yes) in it it is best.

Thanks for that response, batgrrly. My aloe comes straight from the plant so I am now assured it is okay for around the eyes. I have stopped using it now though as I'm trying a home-made sulphur cream. Good to know that I can go back to the aloe though.

Brenz
Brenz
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies