rosacea on the scalp... grrr

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

rosacea on the scalp... grrr

Postby deetiff2 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:38 pm

I have rosacea on my face and scalp and it was driving me crazy but I read up a lot and bought a product (shampoo) called Nizerol it worked there is also selson blue for sensitive scalp.... I read if you wash your hair and face both with it the results are amazing.. Well after doing it twice my face was 75 percent clear and my scalp was getting better but it took about a 10 days to clear it up because it was so bad. Also you have to use it every day. You have to have a product that treats fungus caused by the oil ducts in our.. Irish, German, rosacea prone skin. I know the Nizerol works and read that the selson blue does I believe it because it has a lot of the same ingredients as the Nizerol. I went on line to drugstore.com and bought the Nizerol, but you can get the selson blue for sensitive scalp pretty much anywhere. Good luck I hope I helped you, because it is nasty having this rosacea in my scalp...
deetiff2
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: rosacea on the scalp... grrr

Postby LoisAnne » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:01 am

I am glad that you were helped with Nizerol but I suspect that what you have on your scalp is not rosacea. I think it is probably seborrheic dermatitis if it responds well to medicated shampoos. I have rosacea on my face, the papule kind, and in my scalp I have what the dermatologist said is folliculitis. I have lots of tiny red bumps on the scalp. That responded fairly well to medicated shampoos but even better to a tree tea oil shampoo. It had been dx as seb derm in the past but I think the folliculitis is probably accurate.
The important thing is that you found something to help the problem. Thanks for sharing.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies