About Sea Buckthorn oil

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

About Sea Buckthorn oil

Postby Mum3 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi all

I found this article about Sea Buckthorn oil and wanted to share it as I have heard it helped many with Rosacea,
I will give this oil a try for sure
From the blogg
Sea buckthorn berry oil offers all kinds of amazing benefits - free radical scavenging, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, skin regenerating, moisturizing, softening, reducing water loss, and restoring barrier function.
http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.se/20 ... n-oil.html

I can hardly wait for my oil to come even if it might not help me if I might not be one of the lucky ones (tears) , read on the internet that many found this oil helpful.And it is also helpful anti age oil I really need that!
mum3
Mum3
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: About Sea Buckthorn oil

Postby fanny » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi
Please do a patch test first to ensure you are not allergic to it. I wish you luck with it.
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby Mum3 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:56 am

Hi Fanny
I already tried a Swedish brand with jojoba oil and sea buckthorn oil and I really liked it however it is really expensive so I thought I would try to make simular myself.
I use Rosehip seed oil now every evening and find is really good my wrinkles got reduced and my skin look slightly lighter too.
I still want to try the Sea buckthon oil more concentrated as I heard that itmight help with the mites.
thank you
mum3
Mum3
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby fanny » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Making it yourself is a good idea, you know what you are using and save money too!
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby Mum3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:08 pm

fanny wrote:Making it yourself is a good idea, you know what you are using and save money too!
Fanny

Hi Fanny
Yes I think that all creams are too expensive and how hard can it be to make atleast facial oils,
I found this great blog from a woman in the US I think where she wrote how to do some stuff at home, she also suffers from Rosacea.
Please read it you will be surprised over how simlpe it is to make a cleanser tat is suitable for Rosacea skin.
Great reading!

http://wholenewmom.com/whole-new-budget ... -cleanser/
regards Mum3
Mum3
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby fanny » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks for the link-I love simple and natural.
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby Mum3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:49 pm

fanny wrote:Thanks for the link-I love simple and natural.
Fanny

Me too Fanny!
I met 2 doctors here none of them seemed to know what they where doing..So I try to atleast not get worse the natural way.
All the creams and antibiotics can not be good in long term..I dont use any of the ones they gave me, they just burn my face!
Natural oils are the best!
Take care!
mum3
Mum3
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby oldredlady » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Tried seabuckthorn oil (Sibu brand) a while back and while it definitely helped to moisturize my dry skin and didn't irritate in any way, it didn't do much of anything to reduce the permanent redness, (the main reason I bought it, as there are other moisturizers I can use just as effectively).

IMHO it's a good moisturizer, (a bit greasy, but good nonetheless), but not a very effective treatment for permanent redness.

Best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby fanny » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:29 pm

Totally agree, sea buckthorn oil not worth the money. There are too many OTC topicals that claim to get rid of redness, rosacea etc, all I have tried have been a waste of time and money.
Keep on keeping on
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies